*****The Official Rangers vs Aberdeen match thread*****

1 hour ago, scottyscott1963 said:

:mutley:
peter grunt.
Dresses with clobber which looked out of style 30 year ago.
Would imagine peter the pointer smells of mothballs.

:cup:

He certainly smells of somebody's balls Scotty mate .... and I don't think it's the poor wee moths balls .... 😛

Anyway 3 very valuable points ....  🎵We're coming down the road🎵 ... and the Marathon continues. 

🇬🇧

Delighted with the result. To see others chipping in with goals is a real plus. 

My one concern is how slow our CBs are to reacting to player movement. It’s become a theme between the 4 of them. Between Miovski and Furuhashi they must have about 4/5 goals from the exact same piece of movement that loses our defenders. Davies at Hampden, Souttar at Parkhead (almost caught out last night), Goldson and Balogun at Pittodrie as well. Need to work on it. 

2 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

My one concern is how slow our CBs are to reacting to player movement. It’s become a theme between the 4 of them. Between Miovski and Furuhashi they must have about 4/5 goals from the exact same piece of movement that loses our defenders. Davies at Hampden, Souttar at Parkhead (almost caught out last night), Goldson and Balogun at Pittodrie as well. Need to work on it. 

Not saying there isn’t an issue there - but was genuinely shocked last night when I found out that of the 12 goals we have conceded this season:

- 5 have been against Aberdeen

- 3 have been against celtic

- 2 have been against Kilmarnock

- 1 was against Hearts

- 1 was against Dundee

Generally the defence haven’t conceded many goals, but it does suggest we have a particular weakness to the way Aberdeen play against us.

We absolutely would have bottled that under previous managers, great result in context.

and regardless of his random comments (career long trait) at least Warnock brings a bit of profile to Scottish football - half the time I could hardly tell you who each of the other sides’ managers are.

1 hour ago, Moody Blue Legend said:

:lol: Just in at work and the first thing I hear is the wee ball boys getting it in the neck at 2-1.  Fuck me.  What about 0-0 and 1-1 at every chance to waste time.......didn't think so.

After the pathetic sight of grown men taking turns to roll about on the ground to waste time I find it incredibly they then have the cheek to complain when they are on the receiving end despite benefitting from the ten minutes they wasted in the first place. 

4 hours ago, BillyG91 said:

Some people had tossed out this season and gave up too early but well done on the team and manager closing down the gap to 1 goal difference. 

the pressure is on them to win now. Hopefully the junkies batter them :) would love to watch them collapse and fight among themselves. 

I was one of them. After the shambles that was the first game against Sheepie at Ibrox I was in total despair at the prospects for the rest of the season. TBF though I do not think anyone could have predicted that our Board would finally nail a manager worthy of the Brown Brogues or foresee the impact that Clement would have. Silverware delivered and the Filth on the verge of, if not already in full panic mode at the prospect of their arrogantly predicted procession to the Title turning into a nightmare now that they are actually facing a bit of competition.

So yes, as you said, bloody well done to PC & the team on what has been a quite remarkable turnaround, long may it continue. 

2 hours ago, demise said:

Neil Warnock accused the ball boys at Ibrox of time-wasting during his debut defeat at Ibrox last night, with the Aberdeen boss joking that they were "hiding the footballs up their jumpers". (Sky Sports)

Old cunt. 

When your team has 25% possession over 101 minutes and you have to start blaming children, that makes you the worst type of utter cunt!

He's well matched with Aberdeen in that aspect.

27 minutes ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

When your team has 25% possession over 101 minutes and you have to start blaming children, that makes you the worst type of utter cunt!

He's well matched with Aberdeen in that aspect.

hes clearly joking :lol: he's a legend of the game. Wish him well in any game that isn't against us

2 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

The reactions are slow, but it's more to do with not being positionally aware and switched on enough when walking up. Leaves them with too much to do if a ball over the top is dropped just behind them. 

But then again, in modern football, standards of defending are absolutely atrocious across the board and have been for a good while.

2 minutes ago, theiconicman said:

Surely with two defenders marking one forward, one gets tight in front of him to stop them running away. If Goldson did what Miovski did (arm across the chest) he wasn't getting to that ball to chip it in.

Probably get a red with that ref!