*****The Official Dundee v Rangers Match Thread*****

15 minutes ago, soulboy said:

Imagine if we were still in Europe would the spfl bend over backwards to help us like they are with Dundee, we all know the answer to that.

Also the gaffer pointed out in his press conference what happens if it's raining when the game is supposed to be played next week. 

They had the opportunity to help us in the Walter Smith Europa Cup final run and they refused to do so.

Double standards again from our supposed professional league system. 

The stadium and, more importantly, the pitch have been neglected because they want to move to Camperdown. The money that any responsible team spends on pitch maintenance has presumably been spent on players giving Dundee an unfair advantage.

Such behaviour must surely be a breach of the rules.

Five postponements so far and, let’s be honest, the Motherwell game should have been six. Next week could easily be seven.

SPFL well within their rights to award the points to their greatly inconvenienced opponents.

4 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

Not missing the mark there, and rightly so. 

Taking away from the fact of it being an important game etc, that is twice now supoorters have travelled far and wide to get there, the money and the time coming from their own pockets. 

Shambles again from Dundee and the SPFL.

Not to mention two nights for umpteen rooms at The Old Course Hotel and four hours (twice) in buses instead of resting, physio or training.

Completely unacceptable.

18 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Dundee should be heavily fined.

I'd go as far as saying that if they do not undertake work to fix their drainage in the summer then they should be made to arrange to play their home fixtures elsewhere next season.

A complete shambles of a club run by idiots who have no clue in how a football club should operate.

Never mind next season, they should be made to play all remaining “home” fixtures elsewhere for the remainder of this season. 

My mate, who is a Dundee fan, told me there was no point in them spending money on the pitch this season due to their new stadium. I took that as meaning they’d have a new stadium from next season, turns out construction only starts in the summer 🤦🏻‍♂️

they’ve no groundsman as they sacked them a couple of months ago due to a falling out with the owners. Their family had been doing the grounds there for 60 odd year. Fuckin disgrace that they’re getting away with this. 

Has this ever happened before? Don’t think I can remember such a thing! Joke of a club and the SPFL are also to blame. Scottish football doing itself no favours here. Cunts will be laughing at us. 

if Dundee can’t host the NEXT game then they need punished. Force them to play elsewhere or deduct them points and give us 3 points. 

I've said it from when this nonsense started. I think dundee the spfl etc are trying to put us under as much pressure as possible Strachan works for both dundee and celtic. The aim get dens just playable enough to get the game on and hope we drop points..

9 minutes ago, real boydie9 said:

Feel really sorry for our supporters who have travelled to Dundee for the match. 

Especially that lad and his son who travelled from down south for the first game and was on route today as well☹️

Just now, KingKirk said:

I've said it from when this nonsense started. I think dundee the spfl etc are trying to put us under as much pressure as possible Strachan works for both dundee and celtic. The aim get dens just playable enough to get the game on and hope we drop points..

They've had 6(?) games called off this season...

IMG_1894.thumb.jpeg.7647daab0da184b8c70cfdbf4da0b0af.jpeg
basically Dundee are in breach of obligations to ensure a playable surface but it looks like SPFL have pretty much full discretion to decide relevant sanctions or requirements.   They really need to do something, unacceptable there’s been what, 5 postponed games this season? 

*Edit, unsure how current the rules are but some bits of doc reference at least up to 2022.  

8 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Not to mention two nights for umpteen rooms at The Old Course Hotel and four hours (twice) in buses instead of resting, physio or training.

Completely unacceptable.

Their late check out rates are an absolute disgrace as well.  

Forecast is for persistent rain right through till early Monday morning

No chance of Dens being playable next week

And lets be honest there's no been that much rain for a Scottish spring

Arrangements need to be made now for ALL Dundee home games for the rest of the season