*****Rangers v the filth match thread*****

34 minutes ago, BlueVanguard said:

I don't think this league is won by the old firm at the piggery.

Points will be dropped in between those games. They seem to think they have 6 wins to win the league but in reality we only need 5 wins and a draw

If we take the league, it was won by hearts result vs them at sharkheid 

1 minute ago, Blue Nosed Babe said:

They still might go at them

If it was St Mirren from earlier in the season and they were closer to Kilmarnock for Europe maybe but even Robinson has admitted they are in poor form and with nothing to play for it would be a bit of a shock.

1 minute ago, DrLaudrup said:

No point bothering about who might hypothetically take points off them. It's in our hands. Focus on us. We win our matches and avoid defeat against them and we win it. 

Exactly, focus on ourselves and win the remaining 7 games we win the league, worst case win 6 and draw with them we win the league.

Nice to see Rodgers loose his shit with the pen. Despite the calls on each var intervention you can’t argue compellingly that any were to the letter wrong. 

still you have tags giving it the ref conspiracy despite us having a penalty against us and a var goal chopped off. 🤣

3 minutes ago, nik2402 said:

Tried to give it a few hours before giving my thoughts. Wild game from the first seconds.

Part of me is still angry at how bad that first half was. Part of me is happy with the character to come back twice and get a point. 

Don’t want to go through every player as I’d be here all night given some of the performances first half. But I want to mention Tom Lawrence. I’ve never ever understood the love in our fans have with him. When he arrived he had a couple decent games and then missed the full season and all we heard was he’d be like a new signing. To say he’s bang average would be me giving him a compliment. He can’t press, he’s too slow, he gives the ball away constantly and his decision making is shambolic. He should be nowhere near starting for us in these next 7 games. One of a number we need to move on in the summer. 

There's no way he should've been in over Cantwell that's for sure, Cantwell is better in every department, especially work rate and ground covered.  

1 hour ago, BlueVanguard said:

I don't think this league is won by the old firm at the piggery.

Points will be dropped in between those games. They seem to think they have 6 wins to win the league but in reality we only need 5 wins and a draw

It’ll feel like it, but it won’t be 100% decisive. 

We’ve seen it before in the 04/05 season where we lost the OF, but they dropped points elsewhere and we won our games. 

Beating Dundee and by a big scoreline which helps the GD, is massive. Means they have to win all their games including the OF

6 hours ago, RealWorldRich said:

VAR has been massively weighted in their favour since it came in.

I think our goal should have stood and don't think the Goldson one is a penalty. (Neither eas ours tbf).  Should've been 3-2 Rangers.

Farcical that goal was chopped off. Beaton was right on top of the midfield action and should have whistled play stopped immediately. Probably relished letting us play on and score so he could stop the celebrations cold.

11 minutes ago, RealWorldRich said:

There's no way he should've been in over Cantwell that's for sure, Cantwell is better in every department, especially work rate and ground covered.  

While cantwell is the superior player, he is a liability over 90 mins in regard to getting booked. Lawrences biggest attribute is shooting from distance but he seemed very shot-shy today. He needs to step up 

15 minutes ago, Glasgowrangersafc said:

Have i missed something here 

IMG_6508.jpeg

Yes, you missed the part where the Tim's have demanded that we receive no penalties, even when they are penalties - we are simply not to get them. 

This season, even though they may have received the same amount of spot kicks as ourselves, don't fall for it! you see; theirs are all stone wallers while ours on the other hand are all part of a deep rooted masonic conspiracy. 

26 minutes ago, RealWorldRich said:

I'm not too far from being on a similar page but let's remember Cantwell's performance last week against Hibs which was very poor. I remember shaking my head in anger as he unsuccessfully tried a nutmeg 35 yards from out goal. I can't criticise Clement for trying something different in that position.

29 minutes ago, Gascoigne8 said:

While cantwell is the superior player, he is a liability over 90 mins in regard to getting booked. Lawrences biggest attribute is shooting from distance but he seemed very shot-shy today. He needs to step up 

How many long range goals has he scored for us?

15 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

I'm not too far from being on a similar page but let's remember Cantwell's performance last week against Hibs which was very poor. I remember shaking my head in anger as he unsuccessfully tried a nutmeg 35 yards from out goal. I can't criticise Clement for trying something different in that position.

Yeah i know exactly the nut meg you're talking about.  However, he has more quality than TL without question.  In the first half today TL could have out Dessers clean through with a simple lobbed pass and pretty much miskicked it, I thought it summed up his game. Wright also lacked today, the 2 of them were completely inept in creating anything in the first half.

33 minutes ago, Gascoigne8 said:

Just done that.

Seriously, looked like a different game due to the conditions inside the stadium . The wind was swirling all the tickertape at one point 

It’s weird the very different perspective from being there than on tv