Shifting the deadwood

Obviously we still have far too many on our books we would love to move on but all through this window their is a massive narrative thrown against last summers window under Beale and how it has fucked us for this summer.....if you look at the deadwood is it honestly last summers window?

Fucking Gios summer window is where the majority of our deadwood lies

Davies, Yilmaz, Matondo & Lawrence are four highly paid under achievers who we look like being stuck with until their contracts are up

Out of last summers window, Sterling & Butland are probably first picks when fit, Sima was a success, Dessers love him or hate him he does bring goals & assists to the team, obviously Lammers was a disaster but ultimately we have got out that one, Danilo is probably the single biggest issue £6 million and fuck all to show as yet because of injuries, only really Dowell remains on a big wage that we really have no place in the squad 

A fucking depressing scenario to be in as I for one can't see us making anymore signings unless a miracle happens:megaanguish:

16 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Wilson and Beale really done a number on us. You can kinda forgive Bisgrove for the major error in giving Beale the money but Robertson allowing Wilson to do years of damage with no accountability is criminal.

So the four players that I mentioned at the top are Beales fault.....GvB has done a worse number on us, £10 million on fees, 4yr contracts on high salaries on those four who we have had fuck all return on

6 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

So the four players that I mentioned at the top are Beales fault.....GvB has done a worse number on us, £10 million on fees, 4yr contracts on high salaries on those four who we have had fuck all return on

Wilson, not GVB.

4 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Wilson, not GVB.

Are we saying that any manager working under a director of football has zero say on incoming players?

I can't believe that for one minute mate, surely a manager worth his salt would have to agree whether he feels their is a player in there that he can work with 

If someone gave you a magic wand and said you can sell off a dozen players tomorrow, who would you shift.

I’d have Davies, Matondo, Lawrence, Yilmaz (all Gio / Wilson)

Hagi (Gerrard / Wilson)

Cantwell (Beale)

It was that post EL final window that really set us back. 

2 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

If someone gave you a magic wand and said you can sell off a dozen players tomorrow, who would you shift.

I’d have Davies, Matondo, Lawrence, Yilmaz (all Gio / Wilson)

Hagi (Gerrard / Wilson)

Cantwell (Beale)

It was that post EL final window that really set us back. 

Tavernier, Davies, Lawrence, Matondo, Cantwell and Yilmaz.

Getting rid of Hagi, Cantwell, Tavernier & Matondo would save over 100k a week.

With that money, we could at the very least secure two decent loans.

Depending on who we bring in, Davies and Wright will be needed as squad backups for now. 

I hope Koppen has players lined up because it looks like outgoings will go to the wire.

6 hours ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Barely have the energy for it at all anymore when you realise how insignificant and far down the pecking order we are in terms of our standing and the standard and quality of football that we are going to have to watch now.

Clubs like Fulham are spending 30 million on centre backs and Bournemouth are signing Brazilian international strikers for 40 million and we can barely afford to sign a player because we signed a handful of guys on £25,000-£30,000 a week contracts two years ago.

It’s sobering and depressing to think about in equal measure. Makes me appreciate how lucky and spoilt I was growing up as a Rangers supporter even more. 

Football is for the clubs in the top countries in Europe now, we are fucking nobodies financially which in todays world means regardless of history, trophy count or fanbase we are always scraping the fucking barrel.

6 hours ago, King Jela said:

Does it really matter when the deadwood were signed and under which manager? 

The board are who is accountable, whichever way you look at it.  

Years of their incompetence has left us with this deadwood, as well as the rest of the players that aren't good enough.

Think there’s plenty of blame to go around tbh. 

You can criticise the board for making poor appointments into positions of power to begin with but ultimately it’s the incompetence of the people they trusted with the day to day running of the club and wasting the funds that they did provide that’s fucked us as much as it’s the board themselves.

34 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Think there’s plenty of blame to go around tbh. 

You can criticise the board for making poor appointments into positions of power to begin with but ultimately it’s the incompetence of the people they trusted with the day to day running of the club and wasting the funds that they did provide that’s fucked us as much as it’s the board themselves.

I blame the board because they sat back and watched the same people they employed actively making us worse each summer without doing a thing about it. 

It falls right on their head.

Always think it's strange when people say that we didn't back GVB. 

We spent a relative fortune that summer and not one of them is a 1st pick starter contributing consistently. Infact all of the guys we spent money on, Yilmaz, Davies, Matondo, and to a lesser extent Lawrence as he was a bosman, have been a disastrous waste of money. 

1 hour ago, KBOO72 said:

Always think it's strange when people say that we didn't back GVB. 

We spent a relative fortune that summer and not one of them is a 1st pick starter contributing consistently. Infact all of the guys we spent money on, Yilmaz, Davies, Matondo, and to a lesser extent Lawrence as he was a bosman, have been a disastrous waste of money. 

We didnt really, out of gerrard, gio and beale, i can only remember us losing targets under gio, gerrard got who he wanted until he spent all his money and spat the dummy, and we let beale tour europe with the club's visa card and he got exactly who he wanted 

The road down this path was arguably started the summer we won the league, didnt move a single soul on and signed lundstram on absolutely dumb as fuck wages, which means every first tean signing afterwards has you over a barrel as they can command a high wage knowing we actually pay it 

Our negotiating tactics are akin to labours with the unions recently "here have what you want, no we dont want anything in return" 

Fucking brutal, the fact we probably cleared out nearly 150k a week in wages this summer and STILL have close to 200 grand a week stinking out the place is an absolute riot of a show from our board and the cunts in charge over the last 6 years,