* The Generic Laugh at celtc Thread *

dummiesoot

• Replies 50.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, james_85 said:

Surely this new guy can't get a work permit, 36 senior appearances and 4 under 22 international caps in 2015.

He’ll be deemed of a high enough quality to bring value to the game. 

18 goals in 23 games and 21 years old. 

10 minutes ago, Hamie said:

Guys supposed to have a first touch that Umar would be embarrassed about. 

Don’t know about his touch, but his finishing looked decent in the YouTube video I watched. I hope it is just one of those clips reels that makes the player look better than he is.

Regardless, if Alf and Defoe play well we won’t have to worry too much.

44 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

Don’t know about his touch, but his finishing looked decent in the YouTube video I watched. I hope it is just one of those clips reels that makes the player look better than he is.

Regardless, if Alf and Defoe play well we won’t have to worry too much.

Those clips can make anyone look somewhat decent.

Look at Sadiq 😂

9 hours ago, harlands plater said:

For a club with pyoor mullyinz in the bank they sign a hell of a lot of players on loan.

If they are so far ahead of us in Development why are they signing an 18 yo with 6 appearances in top football ?

What does that say about the guys in Development Squad.

This season they should be signing experienced International players to keep 10 in a row alive.

Something isnt right there and that makes me happy.

4 minutes ago, Dickie1963 said:

If they are so far ahead of us in Development why are they signing an 18 yo with 6 appearances in top football ?

This season they should be signing experienced International players to keep 10 in a row alive.

To date Keevens is the only one I have heard anywhere near skirting around the edges of this, however the usual suspects have picked the ‘exciting emerging talent’ narrative. I think this will bode well for ourselves but I’d be amazed if even behind closed doors their followers were not starting to get even slightly restless...

1 hour ago, Dickie1963 said:

exactly .

total own goal bringing in potentially slightly better players short term to piss off your own youth players. 

unless you want to end up spunking 9m on one that looks half the part at the end of the deal 

1 hour ago, Dickie1963 said:

The taigs will be buying into the media narrative they are signing the next big superstars. 

However Rodgers record with these types of players is horrendous. 

Fully agree something isn't right and hopefully it's their downfall. 

8 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

The taigs will be buying into the media narrative they are signing the next big superstars. 

However Rodgers record with these types of players is horrendous. 

Fully agree something isn't right and hopefully it's their downfall. 

Even if the players do turn out to be stars in the future the filth aren't going to get any benefit from that at all.

29 minutes ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

Even if the players do turn out to be stars in the future the filth aren't going to get any benefit from that at all.

Agreed. We kept hearing how they could spend millions if they wanted. But this shows they can't. There taking chances on young players with no proven track record. 

The way I see it this is the only way Scottish clubs will realistically get so-called hot prospects other than one-off lucky buys (e.g VD, Wanyama etc) despite what they say about their finances there is no way a Scottish Club can consistently afford to do the transfers of the French striker they got (£8 + Mil according to them, although that's doubtful). It's just not sustainable. So even though i don't think this is a sign that their finances are a shambles, i do think it is more a reflection of the times for Scottish football. No matter what anybody says, a Scottish club ain't forking out double figures for a young unproven talent

It's sad to me that aside from lucky buys, the best we can expect In Scottish Football for the foreseeable future are loanee hot prospects or close to retiring experienced players

2 hours ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Agreed. We kept hearing how they could spend millions if they wanted. But this shows they can't. There taking chances on young players with no proven track record. 

celtic?

young boys?

ALARM BELLS!!!

When their new players are interviewed I’m always reminded of the Russians when they quoted directly from wiki about Salisbury cathedral, so scripted and insincere yet the dafties lap it up every time. :lol:

“couldn't ask for a better coach than Brendan Rodgers".

“I am in love with celtic”

“those wonderful fans."

“one offer stood out and that was celtic".

and of course 

“I was always running about in a celtic kit as a kid"

36 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

When their new players are interviewed I’m always reminded of the Russians when they quoted directly from wiki about Salisbury cathedral, so scripted and insincere yet the dafties lap it up every time. :lol:

“those wonderful fans."

and of course 

New selik signing bingo I call it. 

Just waiting for a Lisbon lions reference and we're good to go. 

44 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

“those wonderful fans."

and of course 

Notice they never mentioned CL football :lol:

It seems to have been dropped from the script

3 hours ago, Bears r us said:

From today's football gossip pages on BBC Scotland :rofl:

Timothy Weah insists his superstar father George urged him to move to celtic to work with Brendan Rodgers. (Scottish Daily Mail)

Oh ffs :lol: It was Dani Alves and co saying the same the other day. No direct quotes of course

Archived