Tav’s Rangers Stats

jbm26896

7 minutes ago, jbm26896 said:

30 goals and 45 assists from the right side of defence in his 155 league and cup appearances for the Gers.

impressive stats 

Not wanting to belittle the stats but do you know the number of penalties in the goal count. The assists is very impressive for a full back.

2 minutes ago, gogzy said:

this is a bullshit fallacy.  

While I agree that he is more effective going forward, to imply that he can't defend is unfair at best.

Spot on man.

If Tav has a bad game it all comes down to this and it gets overblown. When he has a good game no one mentions it. 

21 minutes ago, gogzy said:

While I agree that he is more effective going forward, to imply that he can't defend is unfair at best.

Tav the only defender ever to make a mistake .Just like Morelos is the only striker to have missed a chance 

17 minutes ago, CoopsLaud said:

Pretty good stats for a rb with us. Wonder who is Rangers rb with best ever stats.

He has to be right up there with those stats. I haven't seen as potent an attacking right back in a long time. Sandy Jardine maybe? 

Would have loved to have seen Tavernier on one side and Davie Robertson flying down the other. 

5 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

He has to be right up there with those stats. I haven't seen as potent an attacking right back in a long time. Sandy Jardine maybe? 

Would have loved to have seen Tavernier on one side and Davie Robertson flying down the other. 

Bang on. Jardine was the only one I could think of also. Robertson on the left. Those were the days.

1 hour ago, gogzy said:

How does anyone know whether he can actually defend or not? He's never anywhere near where he should be, when opponents are attacking.

EDIT... Maybe that's me saying he can't defend very well. Sorry.

2 hours ago, ronniescu said:

How does anyone know whether he can actually defend or not? He's never anywhere near where he should be, when opponents are attacking.

EDIT... Maybe that's me saying he can't defend very well. Sorry.

See if he loses a man at a cross fair enough deserves criticised but if he's in the opponents third and someone gives the ball away needlessly then they break quickly there isn't much he can do about it. The amount of goals we gave away last season in that scenario that he takes the blame for is bullshit imo. Like I said, losing his man at corners, free kicks and crosses from general play is unforgivable, not arguing that but half the time he gets blamed for being "out of position again" Is mind boggling. The managers on the touchline telling him to get forward, if he wasn't already instructed to do so pre match. What's he supposed to do, say nah fuck that Stevie.

He sits below the queen in the changing room ?, all the captains do, we have one picture above the door as the players leave the changing room and one on the wall which the captain always sits under.  

And a fantastic signing for not much money 

6 hours ago, CoopsLaud said:

Bang on. Jardine was the only one I could think of also. Robertson on the left. Those were the days.

What about Gary Stevens?   He could get up and down that wing and was fit as a flea. He was also the England right back when he played for us , just forget about his passback in 89'.

2 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

What about Gary Stevens?   He could get up and down that wing and was fit as a flea. He was also the England right back when he played for us , just forget about his passback in 89'.

Thought of Stevens as well, but wasnt sure his assist and goal stats would be up there. Imagine hutton would have a decent amount of assists in his prime.

52 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

He sits below the queen in the changing room ?, all the captains do, we have one picture above the door as the players leave the changing room and one on the wall which the captain always sits under.  

And a fantastic signing for not much money 

The guy taking us on the Ibrox tour the other week told us that and said it is the power seat and he can see everything that's going on in the dressing room, his jersey was on the peg right under Lizzie.