Comparisons With Last Season

We're 5 last minute goals from being joint top , the two recent winners from them and the three we've conceded in the last few minutes to draw games. Take these out and we're neck and neck on gd as well. We are really not that far away. Our main problem is just those wee lapses of concentration and a wee bit of game manage many to see these games out. We're in a far better position than last year.

4 hours ago, Bronzy said:

Where to begin?

We’ve earned over £20 million from Europe this season compared to last season where we had one home match and had our arses handed to us by Luxembourgish part timers.

Just from watching games with my own eyes, the football we're playing under Gerrard is in the main, miles ahead of the previous two managers. It says a lot that Sean Goss, who was a first-teamer last season, is now out on loan at St. Johnstone.

We lost ten league games last season and conceded over 50 goals.

We threw away a lead against celtic at Ibrox and after that gave up on the season, which later saw us get pumped 4-0 in a semi final and 5-0 in a league game. That was embarrassing.

I could go on.

This season, although somewhat disappointing, is far from embarrassing.

I really struggle to take anyone seriously that tries to compare this season to last in all honestly, it's night and day.

Although I believe you to be highly homosexual that's a good post, well done.

3 hours ago, Bronzy said:

Where to begin?

We’ve earned over £20 million from Europe this season compared to last season where we had one home match and had our arses handed to us by Luxembourgish part timers.

Just from watching games with my own eyes, the football we're playing under Gerrard is in the main, miles ahead of the previous two managers. It says a lot that Sean Goss, who was a first-teamer last season, is now out on loan at St. Johnstone.

We threw away a lead against celtic at Ibrox and after that gave up on the season, which later saw us get pumped 4-0 in a semi final and 5-0 in a league game. That was embarrassing.

I could go on.

I really struggle to take anyone seriously that tries to compare this season to last in all honestly, it's night and day.

On top of this SG is a ‘winner’ with a level of credibility and high standards which he is demanding both on and off of the pitch. I think this should always be the case at the club and I for one am happy and confident he will bring us success if supported in his ongoing  development...

40 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Nobody has said embarrassing, but for the money we spent we should be better, out of hibs, Aberdeen and killie in all comps we've won 3 out of 13, thats a shocking stat, 

If the game was based purely on finances, then we would never win the league. celtic have an income that's three times ours and double the wage budget, they spent £9m on one player, our starting line-up against Hibs cost less than half the amount of that player.

If it was based on finances, then we're exactly where we should be in the league and we shouldn't have even been near the groups of the Europa league if it was about money spent. Villarreal spent £80m adding to their already settled team, and never beat us home or away. 

The reality is that title-winning consistency takes time to build. We have dropped points in games we should have won as a result but the team is a very long way ahead of where it was last year. That's why, despite dropping stupid points against Aberdeen, we are  ahead of them and not neck and neck.

4 hours ago, Bronzy said:

Where to begin?

I could go on.

Well said, there’s actually mad cunts out there that don’t think we are a better team.

Gerrards 1st job was to make us harder to beat and we are just about twice as hard to score against if stats are to be belived.

I blame aw the the cleaning products cut into cheap gear 😂

as long as we keep seeing progress then i'm happy. we're still recovering. i get it that we should be winning the league, the cups, and doing well in europe. that's what supporting Rangers is all about. 

this season has been quite an improvement over last. we could've done much better in the league but sitting 8 points in front of 3rd and behind 1st. last season we finished 3rd with only a 3 point cushion between 2nd and 4th. the taigs won with 9 points clear over the sheep. then there is europe. if you'd have told me we'd get into the group stages i'd not believe it especially after that showing against progres. we had to get through 4 rounds to get into the group stage and if we had played a bit better we could've easily got into knockouts. all while doing it with a new manager who some would like to point out had no experience as a manager. 

next season we try do better. we must do better. Gerrard should be given the full £20m to spend and a bit more on top of that from whatever the season tickets bring in. also hopefully that lot in the dark side have a shite summer. they either keep popcorn teeth or hire a new manager. i think they'll stick with lemon because a) he's a "celtic man" b) they won't need to pay him much. they'll all fall for it. on top of that they need will need to overhaul their team. 

i think next season is our chance. things could finally go our way but we can't rely on them failing. we need to keep getting better and eventually they'll be put back in their place. a lot of people expected us to come back up and win the league straight away and trust me i'd have loved if it happened but being realistic it was always going to take some time.

1 minute ago, Vanoli said:

A frustrating season is better than an embarrassing one. No one’s laughing anymore. We’re definitely on the right track. Good business at the top end of the pitch and we’ll be a very good side at this level. 

true. us under pedro was awful. gerrard has turned it around and made us a more solid team. they should be shiting themselves now instead of laughing. 

Under Gerrard we have improved and imho we seem to look as if we are heading somewhere. 

The league is gone and imho has been gone since about late January. The summer for me will be the true test of Gerrard as he now needs to start looking at getting in quality and not quantity. 

5 hours ago, Bronzy said:

Where to begin?

I could go on.

Said in another thread I didn't expect much from Gerrard to begin with, I certainly didn't expect to qualify given how much of a disaster he inherited and how soon the Euro qualifiers were scheduled. As the season has went on my expectations have risen and maybe became a little unrealistic tbh. 

Put it this way, the worst part of our team for the last 3 years has been our defence, he's sorted that out for less than 5 million quid. I don't imagine he'll need an astronomical figure to sort out our inability to finish games off.

Played 50

Won 26 - Drawn 18 - Lost 6

In all competitions, including Europe, is not a bad turnover for a complete new team nearly, new manager. Its all a learning curve. Gerrard knows the expectation of the fans, he knows he wont be so lucky next season to be given time. He is definitely the first manager since Smith where we do actually have a chance of doing it. We need to start killing teams off.

The season isn’t over yet.  There’s still a Scottish Cup to play for and at least two more Old Firm games.  Last March, under Murty, people thought there was clear signs of improvement too and the guy was gone by the end of April.  Let’s see how the rest of the season plays out before patting ourselves on the back.