All Barton Chat.

theiconicman

5 hours ago, sugar_free_pizza said:

i think theres something else to the story than whats been let on, i still think its to do with the board not having enough dosh to keep paying him but i guess the end of the saga is near and the whole story will be leaked soon.

You honestly believe the board decided they couldn't afford to keep paying him and told MW to engineer a bust up to get him out the door? And MW went with it?

6 hours ago, sugar_free_pizza said:

i think theres something else to the story than whats been let on, i still think its to do with the board not having enough dosh to keep paying him but i guess the end of the saga is near and the whole story will be leaked soon.

Sit doon ffs

6 hours ago, sugar_free_pizza said:

You do realise he is still being paid despite being suspended, yeah? 

There seems to be some interest from down south so if by some miracle we can offload him in January then that is the best case scenario & we forget about the whole shambles.

33 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

You do realise he is still being paid despite being suspended, yeah? 

There seems to be some interest from down south so if by some miracle we can offload him in January then that is the best case scenario & we forget about the whole shambles.

It wont be a miracle because hes our only player that would interest a decent move down south (maybe asides an inform taviner or Halliday) 

11 minutes ago, Vwbear said:

It wont be a miracle because hes our only player that would interest a decent move down south (maybe asides an inform taviner or Halliday) 

Can't see any teams from down south having any interest in Tav and especially not Halliday either.

If we are looking to sack Barton then I'd imagine that means there hasn't been any interest in other clubs taking him off our hands or we would just wait for that and save ourselves a fortune.

I don't believe there's anything in the supposed interest from Sean Dyche either. Just the media trying to force the issue with him to generate a story.

9 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

This place is weird sometimes. You get folk calling Barton a cunt now for picking up a wage while he's suspended. Wow.

Now, we all knew he was a cunt before he came, but he was our cunt at that point. But the club has suspended him, that's the club's choice and we have to respect it. 

This is a player who we know did not want to come to us because of the money. This is fact because we know he could have gotten more money elsewhere.

In the end this is the club's fault for taking a risk on a known problem player. It's what you get sometimes with bargain basement players.

But just to reiterate to those wanting to delude themselves. Barton isn't a worldbeater but he's a good player whom could have made a big impact here and he didn't come here for the money.

Its not worked out and the people who have again lost out are us, the fans. But don't be bitter and pathetic by deluding yourselves and hiding the truth to make you feel better. That's taig behavour.

I actually forgot that he came here for less money....good post

Can cooler heads prevail even at this seemingly late stage?

I've lambasted the cunt myself - goes without saying his performances have been fucking mystifying! (and his social media pish doh)

However, I wonder if it's remotely beneficial to give him his second chance to get the finger out? 

At the same time though, I just feel like at this point, even if we did his fitness levels are bound to be beyond non-existent, no? Qatari boot camp or not :lol:

hope he comes back and proves the doubters wrong. so long as he keeps his head down (unlikely but possible) would love to see him be instrumental like he was for burnley last year. The English championship is a tough league, so he should cut it up here given time. WATP

135 pages so far?  This is going to rival the Jelavic transfer saga!

Anyway, Joey should be able to run the show in Scotland.  Very good player indeed...but he didn't exactly show up did he?  Warbs is pissing away money we don't have on players like Barton. Sooner there is an end to this .. the better.