1. 1. What do you think?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After all the recent revelations about sex abuse at football clubs in Scotland, I'm sure the police and legal authorities in Scotland will be responding in a proper fashion with full statements of commitment and support from Scotland's political leaders, and these revelations will also be investigated, reported and highlighted  with courageous journalism by the media. Once the findings are complete, charges have been brought and the people and sporting clubs involved have been punished, the Scottish football authorities will be in a position to punish any offending members with fines, bans and stripping of titles which could leave us as this season's  champions.

Otherwise I think we'll be second.

8 minutes ago, tannerall said:

After all the recent revelations about sex abuse at football clubs in Scotland, I'm sure the police and legal authorities in Scotland will be responding in a proper fashion with full statements of commitment and support from Scotland's political leaders, and these revelations will also be investigated, reported and highlighted  with courageous journalism by the media. Once the findings are complete, charges have been brought and the people and sporting clubs involved have been punished, the Scottish football authorities will be in a position to punish any offending members with fines, bans and stripping of titles which could leave us as this season's  champions.

Otherwise I think we'll be second.

More chance of dembele going for £40m ????????

1 minute ago, B1872 said:

Yes!

However all this talk about going for second is depressing as fuck.

I know but what can we do? We need to build it up unless DK manages to find his piggy bank. 

European football is critical next season. We have to get into those group stages, but this squad would massively struggle unless we get a very favourable draw in all the qualifiers. Frustrating times indeed 

21 minutes ago, wearethepeople1 said:

In terms of finishing 2nd or 3rd what is the difference in euro qualifying, is it just an extra round? How many qualifiers would we need to go through if we finish 2nd?

There's no difference both go in at the same round

4 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Think the prise money between second and third s quite substantial. Not 100% on it though. 

Can anyone help. 

Can't help with the prize money but I am certain that winning the Scottish cup is actually better than finishing second as you enter a round later 

2 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

Can't help with the prize money but I am certain that winning the Scottish cup is actually better than finishing second as you enter a round later 

Would you not enter a round later as you're in Europe for finishing second? Or is that the league cup?

Obviously. The scaremongering around us not finishing 2nd is quite embarrassing. This is also Aberdeens poorest team in years. Not a hope in hell will they keep up with us over the course of the remainder of the season. We will lose 4 more games maximum, maybe draw 3. Not good enough for Rangers FC but Aberdeen will lose more games and draw more too. We are rank rotten but they are even worse. 

1 minute ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Would you not enter a round later as you're in Europe for finishing second? Or is that the league cup?

Aye if we get into Europe this year then we don't have to take part in that league cup group stage but I am sure winning the Scottish cup means that you enter a later round of the Europa league qualifying than you do for finishing second . I may be wrong but I am sure hearts and Aberdeen both entered the round before hibs did this season 

2 minutes ago, Tenerife Bear said:

Obviously. The scaremongering around us not finishing 2nd is quite embarrassing. This is also Aberdeens poorest team in years. Not a hope in hell will they keep up with us over the course of the remainder of the season. We will lose 4 more games maximum, maybe draw 3. Not good enough for Rangers FC but Aberdeen will lose more games and draw more too. We are rank rotten but they are even worse. 

That's why they're only 2 points behind us with a game in hand :sarcasm: :facepalm: