*** The Official Partick Thistle vs Rangers Match Thread ***

RFCRobertson

1 minute ago, Bristol loyal said:

Didn't see a lot of him mate but as far as I know he played further forward. From what I've seen of him he looks more comfortable going forward and at times actually looks like one of our more dangerous players. Can only think Pedros telling him to play deep but it doesn't suit him.

not a tough decision if true - put Rossiter alongside Jack and get Dorrans further up and send Windass back to Stanley Accrington.

The usual fuckwits are out in force tonight, denying the true facts that we are nowhere near good enough to win this league and are still playing like an under 20 side with no professionalism in how to control a football match and that includes the manager who talks a good game but falls way short in picking useless players with no winning mentality, the league challenge is over before its even started.

21 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

No it's no

Maybe after next week , we all be saying that

We are putting ourselves under pressure every week assuming the beggars will win all their matches

We were pish tonight  but we never lost the game . We have to stay positive at this time for me

The evidence is all there,though I doubt the board will choose to see it or use it,consigning us to another wasted season and another “new dawn” once the axe is eventually swung,best bite the bullet know while we are still in the hunt.

Tavernier good going forward but caught out defensively time and time again.

Cardoso and Alves haven't been up to standard. Conceding too many goals.

John started OK but in reality looks horrific. Will get destroyed if he plays next week.

Candeias offered absolutely nothing. Should have been hooked at HT. 

Windass has his moments early in the game but all too often shows us why he shouldn't be at the club.

Dorrans doesn't do enough. Yes he scored but a decent keeper saves that for me. Been very dissapointing since he arrived.

Miller should not be starting. Like a man down.

Herrera and Pena play like the Mexican chuckle brothers. Hopeless.

2 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Miller/Windass etc always get most flak but the fact is out of 6 league games we've kept 1 clean sheet and that was against a Hearts team playing for a 0-0 draw.

Piss poor at back especially at balls in from wide area..

Yip.  Our two fullbacks have been posted missing for a few seasons.  First time it was glaring for me was 2-6 v the junkies.  

3 minutes ago, beechwood bear said:

Candeas and Windass never beat a man all night. Fuckin wingers who canny go by a man. Candeas played really well last week,you would think he'd be full of confidence but seems another who's inconsistent.

Candeas was especially pish tonight but we can work with inconsistent

Constant shite should be our first concern .Windass . Herrera , Tav defending

1 minute ago, Moody Blue Legend said:

Yip.  Our two fullbacks have been posted missing for a few seasons.  First time it was glaring for me was 2-6 v the junkies.  

Ironically Tav is our best attacker in wide area.

Some of those cross balls tonight were fantastic.

I was maybe stupid to think we would win tonight, but I did. The first half was good, but did not score more than one goal when we were on top, always a danger the other team will come out and have a go in the second half and they did. We should have been ready for that but it did not seem like it. Why ?

I was also disappointed that Bruno did not stand firm at the free kick, what chance do we have with some if he is not willing to take the ball in the face.  The second was a just a disaster and not sure who was all to blame.

I wonder what team we will play now on Tuesday, surely some changes will be made. The problem is tonight so many were poor I am not sure who could come in and make a difference. :depressed:  

5 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Ironically Tav is our best attacker in wide area.

Some of those cross balls tonight were fantastic.

It's true but he can not defend . Against good opposition . It just ends the contest there and then

It will be the same next week . If Wallace is back . He will be our weak link

If Wallace is out . Then we have two problems . At very least

Just now, eejay the dj said:

It's true but he can not defend . Against good opposition . It just ends the contest there and then

It will be the same next week . If Wallace is back . He will be our weak link

If Wallace is out . Then we have two problems . At very least

Doesn't matter who or what formation is played in that defence , we have fuckin no chance.