Morelos Myths

Leeds_Bear

He’s a confidence player and at the moment his confidence is sky high and therefore he’s finishing chances he’d have missed last season.

Agree he’a caught offside too often and he’ll hopefully learn over time and start to stay onside. He’s not slow and he is strong so he doesn’t always need to get the extra 2 yards ahead as the ball comes through.

7 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

He does miss too many chances and no amount of %/stats are going to change that

He does look a bit more clinical this season tho

I think he's missed chances against the mhanks definitely, which is why this point sticks in people's head - however it's impossible to argue with the % stats. He doesn't miss as many as people make out. 

1 minute ago, Leeds_Bear said:

I think he's missed chances against the mhanks definitely, which is why this point sticks in people's head - however it's impossible to argue with the % stats. He doesn't miss as many as people make out. 

Last season he missed far too many chances, anyone who says otherwise is kidding themselves 

6 or so goals in the final 5 months of the season tells you that

7 minutes ago, Sket said:

I don't think I've ever heard anyone say he is a thug.

He does miss too many chances.

Pointless thread.

No one has used that word exactly but if you watch BT Sport they pretty much say everything but this.

There is no denying certain pundits talk up his hot streak, the red card against Aberdeen for example Walker was rabbiting on about his lack of discipline and how it wasn't a surprise. The kid had never even had a red card. 

Also, you don't have to join threads and comment - if you think it's pointless you're always allowed to politely fuck off  :tu:

3 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

Last season he missed far too many chances, anyone who says otherwise is kidding themselves 

6 or so goals in the final 5 months of the season tells you that

He was 3% below 'top scorer' average - which would've added four goals, so yes if it had been ten goals in his final five months instead of six it would be a different picture. 

He didn't miss 'far too many chances' though, I think he missed high profile chances. 

Just now, Leeds_Bear said:

He was 3% below 'top scorer' average - which would've added four goals, so yes if it had been ten goals in his final five months instead of six it would be a different picture. 

He didn't miss 'far too many chances' though, I think he missed high profile chances. 

I couldn't give a fuck what stats you throw at me, I seen with my own eyes he missed too many chances

He seems more composed this season though so hopefully that's a thing of the past

Best young striker we have had in many a year.   It would appear many of us will not fully realise what he gives us until he has moved on.

Yeh he missed some chances (and had some world class saves denying him goals).  However, he is still young and will improve.  Compared with the first two seasons of our all time leading goal scorer, he is a world beater.

9 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

The reason why his misses are highlighted more is because our team relies on him for goals. When Dembele is missing chances they have someone else step up to the plate so it’s not as big a deal. 

We need more goals from our wingers and midfielders to support Morelos

This season our midfield have being getting beyond the forwards more, so more goals will come from these areas. Have faith.