Kris Boyd Testimonial

falkirkNS

20 hours ago, foghorn leghorn said:

So you don't mind that McCoist robbed Rangers of about £650k when he didn't need it, but the club relied on that money.

Derek Llambias put McCoist on gardening leave when he wanted to see out his contract and get us up through the play-off.

Can of worms, fuck talking about this again.

On 13/11/2018 at 10:45, CF2 WINNIE said:

I was interested until mccoist was mentioned 

I wish McCoist would just take a step back from all things Rangers.  He himself must know the gleam age he’s done to his reputation amongst our support.  I don’t even like him commentating on our games.

On a more positive note, I liked Boyd as a player and I hope he gets a good turnout.  That he was constantly overlooked for the Scotland national team in his prime is one that still sticks in the throat.  

9 hours ago, thebluedoo said:

I get that people are angry over how he went about his business when he left, I am still disappointed and a little bemused myself but I think it was a personal thing about how he felt he was handled by the board anyway that is not the point I am going to make.

If we signed Ally McCoist (the player) for the figure you quoted £650k I think this would be a phenomenal return on that price, John Greig was the man who signed McCoist bagging 20 goals in his debut season.

Over 15 years at Ibrox, he was to average nearly 24 counters per term and that’s a figure few have achieved with Rangers – particularly over several campaigns. Of course, McCoist’s prolific form in front of goal twice led to him being crowned Europe’s top goalscorer and he received the Golden Boot award in 1992 and 1993.

Also included in Super Ally’s tally were 28 hat-tricks for his beloved Gers and an incredible 18 different honours, including 10 league championships.

Like most fans I too see that his managerial career was a sad ending to such an outstanding playing contribution but to dismiss his magnificent playing performances to 650 thousand quid is I think folly, there was plenty of players at Ibrox that have earned way more for far little return. I get the anger but dont let it blind you to the fact that not many will ever be able to deliver such a successful return in my lifetime as Ally McCoist has as a player. 

Good post. And lets not forget Greig was also a crap manager as indeed most great players turn out to be. It's usually the frustrated "nearly men" who make fantastic managers (Fergie, Clough etc.)   I'm just hoping Gerrard is an exception to the rule! 

3 minutes ago, falkirkNS said:

Kris Boyd Testimonial.

? Manager: Ally McCoist 

Rangers Squad: M. Mols, P. Lovenkrands, S. Papac, P. Mendes, N. Novo, K. Miller, G. Smith, C. Adam, M. Andrews, A. Rae, C. Miller, M. Ross.

KO is at 1pm, Rugby Park.

Is game on Rangers tv?