them

MisterC

Hartson is a weird one.

Mind before the last game v them they were asking pundits etc on who the bigger club was. Naturally all the Rangers ex players said Rangers and their ex players said them. Then there was Hartson who refused to give an answer saying we were both massive clubs. Then his comments on us fitting Villa in our back pockets

All a bit surprising :lol:

1 hour ago, Kaydubya11 said:

Unbelievable Prodan then popped up to score against us for Levski Sofia in the last minute in a champions league qualifier in Aug/sep 1993....

Was for Steaua Bucharest in Champions League before he came to us. Was an absolute belter of a volley if I remember right

9 hours ago, Kaydubya11 said:

Didn't he nearly join us ? I'm sure he failed a medical or something? 

received_193054016337832.jpeg

He’s not wrong. However this season this team is not clicking - i go with the last dance mentality - some have now got the attitude of been there done that, and don’t have the spirit for another push.   

20 minutes ago, TheKingObv said:

Hartson is a weird one.

Mind before the last game v them they were asking pundits etc on who the bigger club was. Naturally all the Rangers ex players said Rangers and their ex players said them. Then there was Hartson who refused to give an answer saying we were both massive clubs. Then his comments on us fitting Villa in our back pockets

Sure he was humming of booze during his medical with us. 

9 hours ago, Kaydubya11 said:

Didn't he nearly join us ? I'm sure he failed a medical or something? 

received_193054016337832.jpeg

It’s one of these things that’s misquoted. He didn’t fail a medical, he didn’t even take one. 

He rocked up the the talks with his agent in a Wales tracksuit, stinking of drink and full of arrogance. DM was discussing a deal and Advocaat was sitting in the background. They verbally agreed something, he left the room and Advocaat said something along the lines of “no fucking way am I signing someone that unprofessional”. 

Massive embarrassment for both DM and Hartson, so the story was leaked to the press that he’d failed an unnecessarily strict medical. 

2 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

It’s one of these things that’s misquoted. He didn’t fail a medical, he didn’t even take one. 

He rocked up the the talks with his agent in a Wales tracksuit, stinking of drink and full of arrogance. DM was discussing a deal and Advocaat was sitting in the background. They verbally agreed something, he left the room and Advocaat said something along the lines of “no fucking way am I signing someone that unprofessional”. 

Massive embarrassment for both DM and Hartson, so the story was leaked to the press that he’d failed an unnecessarily strict medical. 

Unprofessional or not, him not signing for us was an absolute massive blunder, look at the team we had providing chances for Flo when he signed, Hartson would have absolutely ran this league ragged in our team back then, big amo used to have sutton in his back pocket, however hartson regularly gave as good as he got and at times the better of him

An absolute fanny nowadays in the media, but defo one we sorely missed back then

3 hours ago, plymouthranger said:

I was one of the fans outside Ibrox the day our next two big signings were introduced at the front door. They were John Hartson and Ronald de Boer.

The story I heard was that we wanted de Boer but weren’t sure we’d get him so we had Hartson lined up as a stand by. We didn’t want/couldn’t afford both.

Ronald arrives, agrees to join and so Hartson “fails” a medical to get us off the hook and get rid of him. Hence his bitterness and hatred and why he jumped at the chance to join the scum.

Never heard your version before tbh.

55 minutes ago, scottyscott1963 said:

Almost positive the very fact that they will be found GUILTY will help the most of them get on with their lives.
Would never underplay this whole scandal on young kids.

Just heard about a guy (my younger brothers mate) who is 67 claiming he was raped by 2 cunts,who were a few  years older than him,and it happened 60 years ago and has now decided to talk about it. 
Find it hard to get my head round the fact he hasn't taken the law into his own hands before now.
I have told my brother never to tell anybody about it,and if he brings the subject up again to tell him to get in touch with the police.

That’s horrible mate 

1 hour ago, Colin Traive said:

I was one of the fans outside Ibrox the day our next two big signings were introduced at the front door. They were John Hartson and Ronald de Boer.

The story I heard was that we wanted de Boer but weren’t sure we’d get him so we had Hartson lined up as a stand by. We didn’t want/couldn’t afford both.

Ronald arrives, agrees to join and so Hartson “fails” a medical to get us off the hook and get rid of him. Hence his bitterness and hatred and why he jumped at the chance to join the scum.

Doubt it was affordability. Was well publicised then Murray was gonna splash big on a striker and Flo followed very soon after (I think, from memory)  

Interesting to hear different takes on Hartson though, I’d always thought it was as simple as a failed medical. 

7 hours ago, TheKingObv said:

Hartson is a weird one.

I vaguely remember Hartson having allegiances to us before he joined them.

1 hour ago, markem said:

Doubt it was affordability. Was well publicised then Murray was gonna splash big on a striker and Flo followed very soon after (I think, from memory)  

Interesting to hear different takes on Hartson though, I’d always thought it was as simple as a failed medical. 

That was when we were running all over Europe looking for a striker with £15m million quid in our pocket. I’ll never forget the look on Raul Tamudo’s face when he was meant to be signing for us. He was essentially being forced to sign by his club. I don’t know if he actually did fail the medical or we simply gave him a get out clause after his tears.

7 hours ago, Colin Traive said:

David Edgar from H&H said this is what he heard from Martin Bain when he was meeting him as part of the RST. 

Ive also heard that same version by one of our press team at the time 

keevins seething on just another day in speccy shugs world.
said our former manager is away with JUST 1 TROPHY (and what a fuckin trophy it was nasally face) and he also has a bafta (not sure what for,as it was only the headlines i read) and hinted if the mutants win the league we will riot. :mutley:
Were we out the country the previous 8 3/4 years???.
what a scabby horrible mutant runt he is. 

1 hour ago, scottyscott1963 said:

said our former manager is away with JUST 1 TROPHY (and what a fuckin trophy it was nasally face) and he also has a bafta (not sure what for,as it was only the headlines i read) and hinted if the mutants win the league we will riot. :mutley:

Plenty people on here have been rolling out the 'just 1 trophy' line too.

1 hour ago, scottyscott1963 said:

The 1 trophy & a bafta line is actually not bad from him (tongue in cheek) the rest is his usual drivel.