Club Statement - Trophy Day Celebrations

13 minutes ago, Inigo said:

They could still have taken the decision to allow it for the greater good, to quash the potential for any bigger issues. You know, shown leadership and that.

Totally agree but that would never have happened.

2 hours ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Have you seen one that sounds clearly like fuck the pope and not at all identical to Maddison's Leicester one - because (not wanting to keep banging the same drum) I sure as fuck haven't yet 

No but I saw two on Twitter, one posted by one of them and one posted by a Rangers fan.

The second sounded like da,da, da. Not sure how Maddison one goes.

13 minutes ago, Moody Blue Legend said:

And again tonight some MP was on literally praising the mass gathering of her fellow Glaswegians against the arrests last week due immigration issues.  I applauded them all to paraphrase.

You daren't point out their hypocrisy though.

They seem to (deliberately) separate each event rather than look at the fact that Thursday was a mass gathering too. Eight hours those people out the police at risk in the very area that has caused Glasgow to remain in tier 3. 

You can bet your bottom dollar that any increases in transmission will be swiftly and only blamed on our supporters. 

8 hours ago, We Will Follow Rangers said:

All you've done there is confirm my assumption.

Well played.

Still wondering why you got so upset over a post I made regarding The Dude, his employment, what I think of him and what I believe his mentality is? 

The mind well and truly boggles.

11 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

You daren't point out their hypocrisy though.

They seem to (deliberately) separate each event rather than look at the fact that Thursday was a mass gathering too. Eight hours those people out the police at risk in the very area that has caused Glasgow to remain in tier 3. 

You can bet your bottom dollar that any increases in transmission will be swiftly and only blamed on our supporters. 

The wee cogs in their heads working overtime seeing how they could get their pound of flesh.  

Probably told the league to have our last game of the season, our first major title in 10 years, no fans allowed in the stadium, on a Saturday at half 12 ko.  Ffs I booked the Monday off about 2 months before because I thought there was no chance they’d have us play at that time or that day.

Mental.

23 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

Absolutely. They stood back and rubbed their grubby little hands, using our club and support base as a political football. 

Also explains why the police force did little in the way to prevent crowds gathering and also helped the crowd on it's way to george square.

There they only started to take action later on in the night when the couple dozen idiots in the crowd had a few too many.

1 hour ago, Inigo said:

Uncontrolled mass gathering with no ability to affect distancing and potential for unrestricted drinking v socially distanced, organised, well policed event without alcohol?

Tough one.

Well played, ScotGov. Typically strong leadership shown. :lol:

They've been regularly taking unpopular decisions to minimise the risk. Until now.:hmmm: 

Yes very well put, but as @esquire8 said they really wanted this George Sq gathering to happen, it was just what they were looking for. 

1 hour ago, Inigo said:

Looks a bit like Rangers were trying for a common sense, minimising risk approach, whereas ScotGov decided 'computer says no'.

But then, the Scottish Government probably preferred to leave the potential for disorder. Suits their cause. Being sensible doesn't. Where's a Rangers boogieman in an organised, better controlled event? 

We propose an organised approach that would allow thousands of season ticket holders over several days to celebrate inside the stadium. 

Yet all I've seen from the government and the media is shite about how the club should have done more. 

You can't win with these clowns. No surprise but they are bending over backwards to let fans in for the euros. 

11 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

We propose an organised approach that would allow thousands of season ticket holders over several days to celebrate inside the stadium. 

Yet all I've seen from the government and the media is shite about how the club should have done more. 

You can't win with these clowns. No surprise but they are bending over backwards to let fans in for the euros. 

Thing is as well that they rely on the majority of the general public to take their statements at face value and won't know about the club trying to safely facilitate fans attending and in essence avoid the scenes of Saturday. 

It didn't suit their agenda though. The narrative was a fairly easy one for them to establish as well. 

16 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

It would be just deserts if Govanhill Covid spiked and the fans got cancelled