celtic Face 25 actions regarding Historic Abuse

12 minutes ago, MarzM said:

This will be settled out of court and quietly swept under the rug.

Then the SFA have to be involved.

A member club settling countless child abuse cases out of court, even on a “no liability” basis, taints the game in this country permanently.

Clubs getting grief over the absence of a sponsor logo is one thing but NDAs over industrial scale child abuse is on a different planet.

1 minute ago, Colin Traive said:

Then the SFA have to be involved.

A member club settling countless child abuse cases out of court, even on a “no liability” basis, taints the game in this country permanently.

Clubs getting grief over the absence of a sponsor logo is one thing but NDAs over industrial scale child abuse is on a different planet.

You appear to have more faith in the SFA than i do. :(

1 hour ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Wonder if the yanks will get involved given at least once known instance of abuse happened over there

That would be interesting. Many people are going to be observing this action for numerous reasons after all. Mine is partly academic and partly to see Justice being seen to be done.

16 minutes ago, MarzM said:

I would hope not. The victims deserve to be heard!

In order for cases to settle, both sides must agree. The Survivors may wish their day in court to hold those to account who need to be held to account and to make them answer the questions they have hidden from.

Not really anything to do with The Scum but CSA is a massive story today with revelations coming out about The Catholic Church in France going back to 1950 I believe, Numbers in the hundreds of thousands sadly, If this story does gain traction then things may well get extremely Uncomfortable for Scum FC with a bit of luck.

2 hours ago, Ivybank said:

24 dismissed

1 not proven

carry on

As it is a class action there will only be one result covering all cases. If there is a compensation award it will be a single value. It will.then be split to the I individuals behind the class action. That split may be even or there may be some other formulas to allocate damages on some other basis. 

16 minutes ago, Paisley Blue Loyal said:

Not really anything to do with The Scum but CSA is a massive story today with revelations coming out about The Catholic Church in France going back to 1950 I believe, Numbers in the hundreds of thousands sadly, If this story does gain traction then things may well get extremely Uncomfortable for Scum FC with a bit of luck.

Saw that and was going to post it mate.This comes out the same day as the scum issue. 

Ooft!  

1 minute ago, Hadron Collider said:

Saw that and was going to post it mate.This comes out the same day as the scum issue. 

Ooft!  

Aye, They’ll definitely not like it if CSA becomes a Hot Topic given what has just come out from France which could potentially shine a big fuck off Spotlight on their Scummy club.

Just now, Paisley Blue Loyal said:

Aye, They’ll definitely not like it if CSA becomes a Hot Topic given what has just come out from France which could potentially shine a big fuck off Spotlight on their Scummy club.

Hopefully this is the big chain reaction started now mate. 

8 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

The French story is a slap in the face to the nat's who insisted that football clubs and religious organisations were exempt from their 'enquiry'.

Basically saying Let’s not look under that particular Carpet as every man and their dug knows what would be found and would almost certainly be political suicide in this backwater given the current political climate.