*****The official Rangers vs sheep thread*****

graeme_4

3 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Can't afford better than Itten I'm afraid.

Always the case when a player is out injured he comes back to be made out a superman.

The whole team is costing us points.

This isn't a bad patch. Bad patches don't last 4 months.

I’m saying Kent when injured and when we were skating him is even better than we’ve got now. The worst part is, we’ve got the best squad in Scotland by far and were serving up this shite. 

Just saw Glass saying they were undone by a free kick which was not a free kick and a penalty which was not a penalty. And of course his comments have attracted a plethora of savcoites. This is becoming a regular theme,with one or two exceptions,where Rangers cannot get through a match without something being "controversial".  They all seem to be at it. 

1 minute ago, Prso's headband said:

Brown was basically CB and two of their CMs were playing as full back and none of them were turned on their heels once. 

The fucking makeshift full back was booked from 20 mins onward and we created one chance down that side the rest of the game. It was an utter joke

The inability of anyone but Goldson to play that ball is what fucks us. If we had just 1 midfielder who could play that clipped ball it would change how teams set up against us. Currently they know they can take a punt with a high line as long as they force the ball away from Goldson.

39 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Alarm bells are ringing, and if they aren't for you, they fucking should be. 

They have been ringing for a while unfortunately.

Just home a wee while ago and that was a clusterfuck, it is always difficult to accept when the away team is more up for the game than we are. I assumed wrongly that the death of Walter yesterday would have the players determined to win the game I even replied to @BlueAvengerbefore the game saying that, how bloody wrong was I. 

Just now, psb07158 said:

People continually slate some of our players but the problem is that they don’t really fit the style of play.  Wright, Roofe and Sakala aren’t proper number 10s and if the full backs aren’t playing well we have to switch it to play to their strengths. A proper front 3 with a 3 of Aribo Hagi and Kamara behind them would do well. We would lose a bit of “control” of games but we’d create so many opportunities.

The crux of the matter.

Why, in this day of age of stats do we continually sign players who aren’t 10’s and have a piss poor goals/assist record at previous clubs.

I said it when we signed Juninho, his record for a supposed creator was horrendous.

1 minute ago, Bristoe1872 said:

Just saw Glass saying they were undone by a free kick which was not a free kick and a penalty which was not a penalty. And of course his comments have attracted a plethora of savcoites. This is becoming a regular theme,with one or two exceptions,where Rangers cannot get through a match without something being "controversial".  They all seem to be at it. 

Wasn’t a pen tbh 

Just now, psb07158 said:

The inability of anyone but Goldson to play that ball is what fucks us. If we had just 1 midfielder who could play that clipped ball it would change how teams set up against us. Currently they know they can take a punt with a high line as long as they force the ball away from Goldson.

Yup. They rarely pressed Balogun or Bassey the full game, as soon as Tav had the ball he was swarmed by them, played back to Goldson and by that time their CF is on his toes. He managed about 4 balls all night

Morelos needs to just revert back to being a penalty box player. He tries to drop back and get involved in play but he doesnt have the attributes and ability to do that well.

Gerrard seems to coach peoples strengths out of them to fit his fucking system.  Why not just sign players that are fucking suited to it in the first place. 

Tonights subs in wright and sakala summed it up. Lets introduce two quick players that rely on their pace and getting into space into a game where the opposition were camped in their own half and had two banks of 5....

1 minute ago, SIRB_72 said:

Tonight wasn't great at all. I feel like these games we give ourselves more work than need to.

With Walter passing tonights result reminded me that I'd come out of Ibrox some times  with the great man in charge thinking how shite we were and how it wasn't good enough. Then May came and we were having big silver things waved in our face.

Tonight I'm going to remember that. It was poor but it's a marathon not a sprint.

He couldn't give a fuck how we played as long as we won. That's our style. Winning. Fuck all else counts. 6 centre backs with 2 midfielder and 2 strikers and we would win.

It's a marathon but we have started slow and just kept jogging.

2 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Borna has been shite as well mate but I think Bassey will end up a very average player.

I’m not saying Bassey will ever be good enough for us but I for one am sick of watching Barisic play this season. 

Bassey will at least give you effort and dig and actually go at a man rather than killing the ball dead and going backwards 99% of the time he has the ball. Barisic deserved to lose his place for a while just for that fucking back pass against Brondby alone  

Just now, Bears r us said:

They have been ringing for a while unfortunately.

Just home a wee while ago and that was a clusterfuck, it is always difficult to accept when the away team is more up for the game than we are. I assumed wrongly that the death of Walter yesterday would have the players determined to win the game I even replied to @BlueAvengerbefore the game saying that, how bloody wrong was I. 

I had hoped you were right mate. But there is fuck all in that team. A shadow of last season. Every fuckin game is a struggle 

Just now, BigBearButt said:

Morelos needs to just revert back to being a penalty box player. He tries to drop back and get involved in play but he doesnt have the attributes and ability to do that well.

Gerrard seems to coach peoples strengths out of them to fit his fucking system.  Why not just sign players that are fucking suited to it in the first place. 

Tonights subs in wright and sakala summed it up. Lets introduce two quick players that rely on their pace and getting into space into a game where the opposition were camped in their own half and had two banks of 5....

I now fear that game has been coached out of him. We desperately need that old Morelos back and yet this one still remains.

Just now, born a blue nose said:

We pressed from the front all last season, sometimes with triggers, are you retarded or were you in a coma last year? 

I'm being sarcastic. Our pressing game was phenomenal for the majority of last season and disappeared around March, never to be seen again.

6 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

They were playing such a high line the entire game, we so rarely put a ball behind because we had 0 pace up front to latch on to it. Once we saw how they were setup, Wright and Sakala should have been on at half time and told to just run in behind

Been saying that for weeks there’s no pace up front, wright and sakala after 60 mins to give them time , and playing the ball in behind defenders would have won us the game ,his substitution of lundstrom for airfield was baffling one guy that can’t move for another

2 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Yup. They rarely pressed Balogun or Bassey the full game, as soon as Tav had the ball he was swarmed by them, played back to Goldson and by that time their CF is on his toes. He managed about 4 balls all night

Sadly that was found out last year, actually think it was Hamilton away, where they let Helander have it and pressed our right side with Goldson/Tav

We've not solved the issue and we've actually added to the problem by now having a player in Lundstrum who drops deep and rarely plays a forward pass