*****The official Rangers vs sheep thread*****

graeme_4

5 minutes ago, SIRB_72 said:

Tonight wasn't great at all. I feel like these games we give ourselves more work than need to.

With Walter passing tonights result reminded me that I'd come out of Ibrox some times  with the great man in charge thinking how shite we were and how it wasn't good enough. Then May came and we were having big silver things waved in our face.

Tonight I'm going to remember that. It was poor but it's a marathon not a sprint.

The difference is Walters teams played some turgid stuff that made you tear your hair out at times but when we had the ball we played with purpose and at least looked like we were trying to create and we were desperate to win Even in his second spell always at least had a Mendes, Cousin, Jelavic even Novo etc that were capable of a bit of match winning magic. I don’t see anyone in this team that I think can pull something special out the bag when things aren’t going out way 

4 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

He couldn't give a fuck how we played as long as we won. That's our style. Winning. Fuck all else counts. 6 centre backs with 2 midfielder and 2 strikers and we would win.

It's a marathon but we have started slow and just kept jogging.

Sorry, did I say anything to the contrary?

43 minutes ago, Moody Blue said:

Luxury players who's assists / goals ratio this season is horrendously poor.  Neither get what it means to play for us, when you're not playing well, you dig in, roll the sleevs up and leave everything on the pitch. They don't do that but they're not alone mate.

I think Hagi probably 'gets it' and can certainly talk a good game, however his chronic lack of pace is a real hindrance for us. Seems to be multiple times every game now where he finds himself in plenty of space out wide, a team mate rolls a decent ball towards the byline which 99% of professional footballers would reach with ease but he gets nowhere near it with his lead boots. 

And as for Aribo, good when he's on it but when he doesn't fancy it it's very obvious and he becomes lost in the middle of the park. He just too nice when he could do with showing a nasty side to impose himself on the opposition. 

12 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

Mind our pressing game last year won us so many second phase goals? 

Funny watching Morelos jog up to a CB now int it 

Our biggest miss this season!

Helped us with those goals as you mentioned and kept the other team as far away as possible from our goal as possible.

3 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

Been saying that for weeks there’s no pace up front, wright and sakala after 60 mins to give them time , and playing the ball in behind defenders would have won us the game ,his substitution of lundstrom for airfield was baffling one guy that can’t move for another

Won’t be popular on here but I would have taken Hagi off on 60 mins and put Wright on. Must admit I’m not their biggest fans ! 

Why is aribo always fucked after 60 mins?

why is Gerrard subs never right or always late?

the amount of times Aberdeen played the ball out from defence then quickly on to attack was unbelievable. Morelos presses the keeper but the midfield don’t back him up and it’s easy to play out from the back

Just now, BlueAvenger said:

Won’t be popular on here but I would have taken Hagi off on 60 mins and put Wright on. Must admit I’m not their biggest fans ! 

Couldn't believe Hagi wasn't the first off, even worse the fact he lasted the 90 minutes 

He's the definition of a luxury player, will score you a screamer once in 10 games but goes missing for the rest

And he's hands down the slowest player we have in the squad

9 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

The difference is Walters teams played some turgid stuff that made you tear your hair out at times but when we had the ball we played with purpose and at least looked like we were trying to create and we were desperate to win Even in his second spell always at least had a Mendes, Cousin, Jelavic even Novo etc that were capable of a bit of match winning magic. I don’t see anyone in this team that I think can pull something special out the bag when things aren’t going out way 

Walter's sides could get a tanking off any team in the league once or twice a season (especially at home), and yeah we could play some turgid stuff at times, but you were always confident in any of his sides that we would be there or there abouts by the last game of the season. As @DBBTB said yesterday you just felt safe with him in charge, it was like having a great comfort blanket.

Walter obviously earned that right because that type of performance tonight I've seen from his sides too but you wouldn't be overly worried. I think until Gerrard's won another league and a couple of cups, games like tonight will give us the fear. 

4 minutes ago, BlueAvenger said:

I had hoped you were right mate. But there is fuck all in that team. A shadow of last season. Every fuckin game is a struggle 

I did as well and could not believe when we went 2 down. 

The :aberdeen: were so up for the game and we were not it seemed.

Have you noticed this season how every team that comes to Ibrox, dive, feign injury and no matter who the ref is they just give them free kicks.

Near the end tonight Alfie was fouled right in front of Deacon but he waved play on while giving them a free kick every time they went down. I am in no way blaming that on us not winning but it seems much more obvious this season. 

8 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

I said in another thread but the triangles between the CBs CDMs and full backs all in our half wasting at least 10 passes is absolutely bloody infuriating to watch. 

We used to be able to zip the ball from defence to attack in about 3 passes. Slick, exciting football to watch it was too. Now though :ang:  Bogged down in the centre of the park going nowhere with no end purpose.

Boils my piss when the opposition are attacking us, we turnover the ball but are so slow moving the ball forward to take advantage. 

1 minute ago, Ivybank said:

Why is aribo always fucked after 60 mins?

why is Gerrard subs never right or always late?

the amount of times Aberdeen played the ball out from defence then quickly on to attack was unbelievable. Morelos presses the keeper but the midfield don’t back him up and it’s easy to play out from the back

We used to look like a pack of wolves hunting in pairs and forcing errors but they just look fucked, I wonder if this is like the 97/98 season in that we put so much in the last season that without shaking things up to get rid of some of the staleness in the squad we’d struggle.

Continue with this form and we’re not going to win the title or any cup this season.

1 minute ago, Valance1690 said:

Couldn't believe Hagi wasn't the first off, even worse the fact he lasted the 90 minutes 

He's the definition of a luxury player, will score you a screamer once in 10 games but goes missing for the rest

And he's hands down the slowest player we have in the squad

Thought he was the worst player on the park tonight, terrible game he had.

3 minutes ago, BlueAvenger said:

To be honest if Hagi is on his game he can be unplayable. Problem is 'can be', we don't see it often enough.

Wright at his best still isn't good enough. 

1 minute ago, Swagger said:

Really hard to pick the worst performance so far

Malmo, Dundee Utd and tonight probably pick of the bunch. 

Shower of fucking wasters 

Tonight for me solely because even with the magnitude of the occasion and the emotion of the past couple of days, half our players still barely broke sweat. 

3 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

I did as well and could not believe when we went 2 down. 

The :aberdeen: were so up for the game and we were not it seemed.

Have you noticed this season how every team that comes to Ibrox, dive, feign injury and no matter who the ref is they just give them free kicks.

Near the end tonight Alfie was fouled right in front of Deacon but he waved play on while giving them a free kick every time they went down. I am in no way blaming that on us not winning but it seems much more obvious this season. 

I noticed mate but I think our performances are worse than the referees !!