Steven Gerrard To Aston Villa - Official

The Dude

12 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

So u think Wilson will go down the foreign route or British. 

I’m 50/50 on the direction he goes.

I see you mentioned it on a previous page but I think Kompany will be in his thinking as an option.

He hasn’t done well at Anderlecht, but I think Wilson might look past that as it hasn’t been a job without it’s own challenges and try to sell the potential of Kompany as a coach/manager to the board.

Wouldn’t be my choice, I’m just putting it out there as a name I think might appear as a candidate in the press in the next few days.

Just now, Goianegra said:

Honestly never thought he's have the disrespect to leave in such circumstances. Even had he left in the summer I'd still have considered him a hero of mine but this is unforgiveable. 

I was the same, I have totally misjudged him and thought he respected the club and the fans to the extent that he would not leave like this.

Had it been the Liverpool job I would have been disappointed to be managerless at this point in the season but would have totally understood that his team were offering him his dream job.......not for Villa though.

1 minute ago, EMRFC said:

If he can consistently finish top half while playing decent football he’ll be favourite to replace Klopp once he decides to leave. No way Liverpool would replace Klopp with a manager from the spfl, let’s be real here.

Not a chance. No way would they appoint a manager who finishes mid table after Klopp. 

Gerrard would need to be competing for champions league. 

2 minutes ago, TheKingObv said:

Nothing about managing in the EPL is mediocre.

Disagree... Villa aren't a top 8 team , at the moment they are struggling at the bottom so I would consider them a mediocre teamso my point stands 

Just now, keithgersbear said:

Not a chance. No way would they appoint a manager who finishes mid table after Klopp. 

Gerrard would need to be competing for champions league. 

No he wouldn’t… club legend + experience in the Premier League = him getting the job.