Steven Gerrard To Aston Villa - Official

The Dude

1 minute ago, The Specky Liar said:

Normal circumstances I think he'd jump at it but would he want to follow Gerrard and potentially do a worse job? 

Would be terrible for his reputation and not saying he is an any way arrogant but his ego as well.

The type of jobs he's being linked to I think we're far more attractive. 

Basically sticking a relegation on his CV with Norwich. 

Not saying I don't know where you're coming from, but it's definitely something I would think about if I were him.

10 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

Exactly lying cunt. What a snake. If he stays  I’ll eat humble pie and back him but no chance that’s happening 

Not really. You can be happy and settled and still leave for something you think will be better for you for whatever reason.

Whether the timing is good or not, that's not a lie. 

9 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Agreed.

I honestly think Beale would jump at the chance of being the main man here. If he has aspirations to get into management, then he would never be offered a better starting job.

Issue I that I could see all the other coaches going with Gerrard, so Beale will have to put a team together. I could see Thommo coming back to be number 2. Defoe possibly getting a place as well. 

Beale ain't getting offered the top job.

Thomson won't be a #2

Defoe is still registered as a player so can't leave.

7 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

Head firmly in the sand here mate

I do think there is a difference in having your head firmly buried in the sand and waiting on actual confirmation of something - that journalists get wrong on a regular basis, as they try and get ahead of the actual story. I am definitely not one to have my head buried in the sand.. I know that Gerrard will leave us at some point, and I will be gutted. But I will wait for better stories/news/sources before I start calling for the mans head and calling him a liar etc. 

1 minute ago, johanhentze said:

I do think there is a difference in having your head firmly buried in the sand and waiting on actual confirmation of something - that journalists get wrong on a regular basis, as they try and get ahead of the actual story. I am definitely not one to have my head buried in the sand.. I know that Gerrard will leave us at some point, and I will be gutted. But I will wait for better stories/news/sources before I start calling for the mans head and calling him a liar etc. 

i'm not sure it's possible to get more reliable sources than what's already been posted.

10 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

If anyone frequents FF and knows of any “ITK” posters then some username TheHammer_11 has said:

”Gerrard will be going nowhere until the end of the season. That is a fact and we will find that out in the next few days.”

“Revisit the comment in a few days and you’ll see. Between him and the coaching staff they are very much locked in for the season ahead.”

Post #2822 & #2836 https://www.followfollow.com/forum/threads/daily-mail-think-villa-will-make-an-approach-to-Rangers-to-speak-to-steven-gerrard.184001/page-57

I’m clinging onto anything and I make no apologies

Now followed up on with:

“I can’t really get into the who and how I know but the conversations I’ve had tonight would tell me he is going nowhere until at least the end of the season. Similar to the Newcastle story. This one has more traction in the media but both the manager and his team are fully commited. I’d be surprised if news in the next few days does not confirm this via Rangers TV.”

Post #2873

And that’s all from me making a complete cunt of myself today, having went from “Gerrard isn’t leaving Rangers for Villa for ffs” to reporting forum posts from another Rangers forum with no knowledge of the situation to this Rangers forum with no knowledge in general.

Back to you in the studio from Essandoh, Talking Shite Special, RangersMedia. 

Actually off to my kip this time or I’ll be up at 6am rattling replies off

1 minute ago, Essandoh said:

Now followed up on with:

“I can’t really get into the who and how I know but the conversations I’ve had tonight would tell me he is going nowhere until at least the end of the season. Similar to the Newcastle story. This one has more traction in the media but both the manager and his team are fully commited. I’d be surprised if news in the next few days does not confirm this via Rangers TV.”

Post #2873

And that’s all from me making a complete cunt of myself today, having went from “Gerrard isn’t leaving Rangers for Villa for ffs” to reporting forum posts from another Rangers forum with no knowledge of the situation to this Rangers forum with no knowledge in general.

Banning material for moving traffic from RM to FF

1 minute ago, Essandoh said:

Now followed up on with:

Post #2873

i hope thats true mate upheaval just now could completely fuck us.