New Manager Thread - Poll Amended

ElBufalo20

Should We Remove The Poll?  

859 members have voted

1. 1. Your Choice?

• Dan Deacon Has Ginger Pubes
    • No

2 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I hope Thomson stays away from the club. If he does well at Kelty and chooses his next couple of moves carefully he could genuinely be a contender for the job in the future. The best thing for him right mow is to start holding experience as a number one.

Thats exactly what I'd be thinking if I was him too. As many have said were in a much better now than when Gerrard came. But compared with our first 140 years the last decade has been an utter shit show when it comes to our managers 

9 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I hope Thomson stays away from the club. If he does well at Kelty and chooses his next couple of moves carefully he could genuinely be a contender for the job in the future. The best thing for him right now is to keep gaining experience as a number one.

Thomson yes 100pc has the potential to be a future manager/coach .

There is already somebody else at the club who ticks many boxes as a future manager/coach and hopefully he is taken on as a coach when his playing days are over ,Steven Davis 

Last weekend we all watched Ross co being taken apart and never saw it as being the managers last game ,Let that be a lesson to be ready for anything that might come our way .We can’t ever plan too far ahead ,

39 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I’ve gone full KingKirk here.

D46E1865-E3F9-4A1F-820A-13538CDDB829.gif

Ermm..................

13 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

It was always a concern in the back of my mind that the boss after Gerrard would probably feel like a damp squib because he is such a global name and it’s hard to match that appeal and name value, so what’s even more amazing is that the next manager is a name of comparable standing to Gerrard among our support.

Not to our support.

4 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

Is that not what @KaiserJon just said? 😂😂

:thumbsup:

59 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

The board deserve massive credit for how quickly they have pulled this all together, but at the same time what are the odds on them having an ideal candidate, who is out of work, right in front of their noses like that again? 

It’s as big an open goal as any board could hope to get tbh. 

Like everyone else am on the GVB express. 

I do have small worries tho about does he go with what the players have known or immediately change to a 433 more possession based approach. 

It's all decisions he will need to get right as we have no more room for error. 

11 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Like everyone else am on the GVB express. 

I do have small worries tho about does he go with what the players have known or immediately change to a 433 more possession based approach. 

It's all decisions he will need to get right as we have no more for error. 

In fairness 4-2-3-1, 4-1-3-2, 4-3-2-1 etc. Are pretty much a variation if 4-3-3 and we certainly tried a patient build up based on keeping (and in earlier seasons winning back) possession. I don’t think it’s too far from what Gio used at feyenoord.

41 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I hope Thomson stays away from the club. If he does well at Kelty and chooses his next couple of moves carefully he could genuinely be a contender for the job in the future. The best thing for him right now is to keep gaining experience as a number one.

I get that. But his coaching career could benefit more from the increased responsibility at a club our size than where he is at the moment, and thats no disrespect to where he is and what he’s attempting to do. I definitely agree he’s one for the future in that regard.

2 hours ago, SPWF said:

It’s as big an open goal as any board could hope to get tbh. 

As much of an open goal that it is they still had to go and do the deal, they deserve credit for that alone. 

My biggest fear with Gio is that they wouldn't even consider him and look closer to home to a Mcinnes type, thankfully I was wrong. 

5 hours ago, AdzKyle said:

That’s spot on. Gerrard was a worldwide name due to his playing days. He has no managerial experience, just some coaching. Gio has had experience all over the world and knows the club. Excited for this one. 

GVB was a better footballer aswell, and won loads on the pitch.

Stevie won a European Cup and a couple of league cups I think.