*****Official Rangers v Hibs League Cup SF Match Thread*****

.Williamson.

That's probably the most frustrated I've been at a game in a long time.  Man for man we were very poor.  Not having a manager should not have had an effect today, these players have been together long enough to know the system.  Few players needing dropped - how Morelos remained on for 90 mins I'll never know.  But questions need to be asked about our captain.  Not only were the players clearly not up for the game from the off, but he was pish all game.  So was everyone right enough.  

We seem to have no attacking sense going forward: cross when we should shoot, shoot when we should pass etc.  Just isn't clicking.  Biggest thing for me is lack of urgency, even when we needed 3 goals we were playing the exact same way.  Side, side, back and before u know it McGregor has the ball and punting it up field.  Rinse repeat.  

Hope Gio rips the team sheet up for Thursday, too many players getting played because of name and not their performance. 

11 minutes ago, Hamie said:

The funny thing being that goldson likely thinks cause he was Gerrards main brown noser he is gonna get a gig at villa. He's in for rude awakening. Shrewsbury awaits. 

I really hope nobody comes in with that golden contract for Goldson, he sits out the rest of his time with us in the stands and come the end of August his agent ends up desperately pimping him out to shithole clubs in the arse end of Kazakhstan. 

2 minutes ago, Moody Blue said:

Club is riddled with players like the one that’s just left who believe the remit was to win one league, too happy driving away in their fancy cars, shitebags of the highest order. 

This has been coming all season, I said several weeks ago if it isn’t addressed, this team is wining nothing this season and stand by it.  Much rather have players that want to run through a brick wall for you, this lot have been going through motions for months. 

I doubt it will happen but some wheeling and dealing is badly needed in January, god knows what December will bring us. 

Gio now knows who has some heart and the will to win, and who doesn’t.  That is the only positive from today.  Totally agree with all of your points above.

4 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

I've seen a few folk post this. What did he say?

When Emma Dodds asked him something, he shoehorned in 'do I look happy, don't ask me stupid questions'. She hadn't asked if he was happy, asked something completely unrelated for which that reply didn't work, which meant his wide reply just looked forced, but there you go.

It’s like these players cannot just let us have one ounce of positivity 

Win the league - fuck the champions league at the first hurdle 

New manager who we all love coming in tomorrow - get us fucked out the cup today to dampen the mood 

League is,always priority.

But, If anyone thinks that £35 million is being spent on players, then they are up a gum tree.

Same with the mhanks, that money, if thry win the league, will not be spent on players either.

Both clubs will uses it for repaying debts, wages and general running costs.

6 minutes ago, Moody Blue said:

Club is riddled with players like the one that’s just left who believe the remit was to win one league, too happy driving away in their fancy cars, shitebags of the highest order. 

This has been coming all season, I said several weeks ago if it isn’t addressed, this team is wining nothing this season and stand by it.  Much rather have players that want to run through a brick wall for you, this lot have been going through motions for months. 

I doubt it will happen but some wheeling and dealing is badly needed in January, god knows what December will bring us. 

It's clear to me, given SGs interviews after leaving, his only thought and motivation was his main remit which amounted to the league last season. Not much planning for the aftermath IMO, he knew he was away which may explain some of the performances this season.

5 minutes ago, Craig/ said:

You just know there’s going to be absolute fuck all in that dressing room as well. Maybe a couple of tuts and stares and a whole lot of feeling sorry for themselves. Cowards 

Aye you might even fund our captain is a wee bit late or even cross when he goes on warzone the night wi Andy firth

6 minutes ago, Moody Blue said:

This is a title winning squad after a once in a lifetime league campaign and yet I cannot fucking stand a number of them. January can't come quickly enough.