OFFICIAL: Gio Appointed Manager

Broxi

1 minute ago, Bronzy said:

Interesting that in the interview Wilson says that “once he [Gerrard] intimated that he was going to go and do something else, we have been tracking for a period of time a number of future Rangers managers”.

This suggests (to me anyway) that Gerrard’s decision to “go and do something else” was made quite a bit longer ago than last week.

That may explain why we’ve been so lacklustre this season.

And its shown through the players performances also 

6 minutes ago, Rowley Birkin said:

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47qxewjazzv6pgplgj6s

where ever he goes from now on will never compare to what he witnessed at 55 and what he could have been a part of going forward if only he gave us 100%

20yrs from now he will be in a studio saying the biggest mistake he made was to leave Rangers

Makes you wonder if the players inconsistencies had something to do with knowing SG was on his way out, its no excuse, but would explain a lot compared to how they played last season 😐

2 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

Interesting that in the interview Wilson says that “once he [Gerrard] intimated that he was going to go and do something else, we have been tracking for a period of time a number of future Rangers managers”.

This suggests (to me anyway) that Gerrard’s decision to “go and do something else” was made quite a bit longer ago than last week.

That may also explain why we’ve been so lacklustre this season.

Again, I think Wilson meant that when Gerrard said he was wanting to go to Villa, Wilson referred to the list of managers that he had been tracking for some time.

I don't think he meant those two sentences to be linked like that.

1 minute ago, Broxi said:

Nah mate I think he meant when he went to Villa, not that he had said a while ago 

he said been tracking for some time mate after Gerrard intimated he wanted to try something else - just think Gerrard's mind was made up weeks ago and let the club know at that time.  No matter now anyway, think Gio will smash it.

Just now, onlythestrongsurvive said:

he said been tracking for some time mate after Gerrard intimated he wanted to try something else - just think Gerrard's mind was made up weeks ago and let the club know at that time.  No matter now anyway, think Gio will smash it.

I'm fairly sure he meant Gerrard said he wanted to go to Villa, so he went to the list of managers they'd been tracking for some time.

Even if it was true, he wouldn't be saying it in that interview 

Just now, Broxi said:

Again, I think Wilson meant that when Gerrard said he was wanting to go to Villa, Wilson referred to the list of managers that he had been tracking for some time.

I don't think he meant those two sentences to be linked like that.

Just now, Inigo said:

Didnt take that at all tbh. The way he spoke suggested it was now to be common practice, as part of succession planning, to always be aware of potential replacements for positions. I took it that he was talking about tracking GvB within that framework.

Hopefully that’s the case, his wording is slightly confusing at that bit though.

4 minutes ago, superallysbears said:

The sun saying how great pals Gio and Larrson are, and Larrson has just left wherever the hell he was as a coach 🤦 imagine the tarriers if he rocked up with Gio just for a laugh 😂

No...just no. Not even for a laugh 😒 

Just now, Bronzy said:

Hopefully that’s the case, his wording is slightly confusing at that bit though.

Yeah I think he started making a new point mid sentence but definitely don't think he was trying to say that and even if true he wouldn't have said it anyway

5 minutes ago, Broxi said:

I'm fairly sure he meant Gerrard said he wanted to go to Villa, so he went to the list of managers they'd been tracking for some time.

Even if it was true, he wouldn't be saying it in that interview 

Once Rangers won 55* Gerrard became a flight risk. Not surprising Wilson was keeping an eye on Gio.

* Correction: won 55 and then botched the Malmo job