Goldson

GOAT

10 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

I thought we had gotten over the whole “Lundstram is a bad player” thing when he was our best player consistently for like a month? 

I thought we were also over the Stephen Kelly is the answer thing too but I guess it just takes one bad result for that to rear its head again too.

3 minutes ago, Real Ranger said:

Were you questioning his limited abilities last season as we went through the league campaign unbeaten? As I remember he was a hero to all of us.
You have to bare in mind that although levels have dropped this season, he left us with the team in the league cup semi final, one game from progressing through the group stages in Europe and 4 points clear at the top of the league. 

That lead at the top is by luck rather than ability. Others will see it different.

1 minute ago, Mondraker said:

That lead at the top is by luck rather than ability. Others will see it different.

The lead at the top was achieved by winning more points than the other teams in the league and that’s not luck.

That’s how it’s always worked as long as I’ve been watching football.

10 minutes ago, Real Ranger said:

The lead at the top was achieved by winning more points than the other teams in the league and that’s not luck.

That’s how it’s always worked as long as I’ve been watching football.

Yup winning is how its done but playing just ever so slightly better than the teams at the bottom of the league isn't getting the best out of your players. If you're happy with what he served up then I'm genuinely happy for you. 

I want better than what we got 

9 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Telling the truth doesn't automatically gain respect in any scenario.

I believe his assessment is pretty accurate but his assessment is incredibly damning.

It's almost impossible to respect anyone's truth when that truth is an admission and assassination of their and their teammates lack of character, mentality, hunger and ability to follow instructions. It's an astonishing position to be in for the reigning champions. The fact it's come to this is astounding.

Everyone needs to take a long hard look at themselves. 

Now that it's all out in the open there is nowhere to hide for anyone. It can go either way. Fingers crossed we get the right reaction.

Gerrard is to blame imo his refusal to sell players to reinvest to keep the squad fresh has caused this situation. 

I can't believe we are 4 clear if that's how these players are feeling tbh hopefully the new manager can reinvigorate them 

2 hours ago, KyleBJK said:

Eh well aye that’s kinda how it works. 

As a result of his antics, we now give momentum to others and it breeds negativity around the club on what was already a shit show of a day.

That’s before we even get to the pressure it creates now for GVB. The constant narrative now that he’s inherited a squad who don’t have hunger etc. 

2 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Errrmmm

Half a sleep boys when I wrote that basically agreeing with stepps boy comment about people thinking it's OK for our vice captain to speak that way, all I was saying is that a modern day Rangers fan would have accepted that yesterday,accepted what Goldson said,accepted 1 trophy in 10.

18 hours ago, MVRanger said:

If you are 2 down at the Nou Camp c. 2014 you might just about get away with saying the games over. But against an average Hibs side at Hampden when we have 70% of the Stadium...? Unacceptable comments from a senior player imho.

And 70% possession!

24 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Lundstram’s performances are overhyped because he started so badly. 

Exactly this.

He's had a couple of decent performances but for the life of me I can't think when he was a stand out for a month. In terms of what we require from him he is still miles away.

29 minutes ago, Mondraker said:

Yup winning is how its done but playing just ever so slightly better than the teams at the bottom of the league isn't getting the best out of your players. If you're happy with what he served up then I'm genuinely happy for you. 

I want better than what we got 

I don’t recall me claiming to be happy with what’s been served up this season but we aren’t top of the league by luck either, the point you were trying to make. 
We all want better but if we do continue to play like we have been in the league and finish the season 4 points clear I’ll be delirious.