*****Official Rangers v Sparta Match Thread*****

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

People’s line ups in this thread are going to be a riot.

Most of us have two line ups in mind. The one we’d like to see and the one we expect to see which won’t be nearly radical enough.

I really hope Gio now realises why Gerrard fucked off because today has been coming for a while.

Personally I think he’ll go for experience and start serious surgery after Thursday.

I expect to see:

McGregor

Tavernier Goldson Balogun Barisic 

Jack Davis Kamara

Aribo Sakala Kent

Morelos did not work nearly hard enough to give Davis & co options to pass to and I think Jack for Arfield will be the only other change.

Medium term, I’d give the armband to Jack and drop/sell Tavernier.

4 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Most of us have two line ups in mind. The one we’d like to see and the one we expect to see which won’t be nearly radical enough.

I really hope Gio now realises why Gerrard fucked off because today has been coming for a while.

Personally I think he’ll go for experience and start serious surgery after Thursday.

I expect to see:

McGregor

Tavernier Goldson Balogun Barisic 

Jack Davis Kamara

Aribo Sakala Kent

Morelos did not work nearly hard enough to give Davis & co options to pass to and I think Jack for Arfield will be the only other change.

Medium term, I’d give the armband to Jack and drop/sell Tavernier.

Jack is not a guaranteed starter just now never mind his fitness issues so why would you make him captain when he probably couldn’t play 5 games in a row

14 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

Jack is not a guaranteed starter just now never mind his fitness issues so why would you make him captain when he probably couldn’t play 5 games in a row

Obviously it’s based on the assumption that his surgery has worked and the encouraging signs continue. I just think he’s got the right attitude unlike so many of the others. A fully fit Jack is in my team every week.

I think we will see something like.

McGregor

Tav     Goldson      Balogun     Bassey

Aribo     Lundstram/Jack   Kamara

Sakala              Morelos         Kent

Think Gio will look for pace out wide and something different in the middle. 

7 minutes ago, Johnsey said:

I think we will see something like.

McGregor

Tav     Goldson      Balogun     Bassey

Aribo     Lundstram/Jack   Kamara

Sakala              Morelos         Kent

Think Gio will look for pace out wide and something different in the middle. 

Depressing looking at that lineup, genuinely depressing.

Wouldn't blame GVB if he went back to Holland tomorrow after watching that today. 

7 hours ago, KaiserJon said:

And yet only a year ago we would??

Something's wrong and I'm not talking about crowds etc. Iam baffled by this drop.

It's been there all season. From the management down. That result yesterday was coming. 

The hope is Gio can be a fresh start and improve the form. 

After yesterday I'd say no one's place in the 11 should be safe. 

24 minutes ago, G.E.C. said:

Goldson will still play until January for now. 

CB is an area we badly lack cover in. Helander will probably take a bit of time and Simpson is a no no. 

Someone will need to explain to me how the same defence was so solid, week after week, that they broke records last season for keeping other teams out yet they’ve now conceded the first goal six times in a row and were three down in half an hour yesterday.

How can a diamond turn into a turd overnight?

16 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Someone will need to explain to me how the same defence was so solid, week after week, that they broke records last season for keeping other teams out yet they’ve now conceded the first goal six times in a row and were three down in half an hour yesterday.

Complacency, pure and simple.

20 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

We battered teams early on last season, usually scoring early goals and killing the game before they even had a chance to notice our defence was a shambles

Now we sit off, get pressed in ourselves and make mistakes all over the shop. Watching a piss poor Hibs front line press us in yesterday was embarrassing 

Just now, Valance1690 said:

We battered teams early on last season, usually scoring early goals and killing the game before they even had a chance to notice our defence was a shambles

Now we sit off, get pressed in ourselves and make mistakes all over the shop. Watching a piss poor Hibs front line press us in yesterday was embarrassing 

That was a big part of it, our pressing game forced teams back and often got us the lead and, with it, control.

Attitude is the biggest part of it for me though. No pride or self-respect in their performance.

Dont agree about Hibs being piss poor though. We had over seventy percent of possession and SIX TIMES the number of shots but Hibs were really well organised and they were clinical. Ross had done his homework and we were so predictable. The boy they picked up from St Mirren put in a fantastic shift and hounded our midfielders all day.

They had a plan, clear instructions, belief in their manager and his system and they stuck to their task diligently.

They were everything yesterday that we were last season.

38 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

I honestly don’t want to see Connor Goldson playing for us again. 

I’m with you mate, but we don’t have enough options until January. He’s done for me. Always flapping his arms and pointing at other players when the shit hits the fan. Cunt should look in the mirror.