*****Official Rangers v Sparta Match Thread*****

3 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

That was a big part of it, our pressing game forced teams back and often got us the lead and, with it, control.

Attitude is the biggest part of it for me though. No pride or self-respect in their performance.

Dont agree about Hibs being piss poor though. We had over seventy percent of possession and SIX TIMES the number of shots but Hibs were really well organised and they were clinical. Ross had done his homework and we were so predictable. The boy they picked up from St Mirren put in a fantastic shift and hounded our midfielders all day.

They had a plan, clear instructions, belief in their manager and his system and they stuck to their task diligently.

They were everything yesterday that we were last season.

Yesterday was either going to show players willing to play for the club and new manager 

Or players who had downed tools after the guy they'd came here for had jumped ship

Only positive is we got a pretty clear answer, just a shame we can't do fuck all about it & are stuck with them for Thursday and for the foreseeable. Expect Gio's team to be the same on Thursday with maybe the injured Balogun subbed out

Tbh I agreed with going with the supposed experienced and ‘leaders’ in the team yesterday and it was an absolute clusterfuck.

As someone posted earlier there is the team you would like to see and the team that is likely to be picked.

No idea, picked a team and thought that looks shite, still raging from yesterday.

Just fucking win.

2 minutes ago, Gaffbear said:

Hopefully Roofe back .. id start Hagi and Wright.  Jack in mid in place of Davis.  

Jack tried to get things moving yesterday and most of his passes were forward.

He’s the first name in my team for Thursday. Would normally say Kamara but someone has kidnapped him and replaced him with a dud double.

If Roofe and Hagi are fit, they have to start.

McGregor 

Tav   Goldson     Balogun    Barisic

Davis   Kamara

Arfield

Aribo     Morelos    Kent

Same team! Gio has to come in and give these players 1 chance to rectify things if not and we crumble at least he knows yesterday wasn't a one off!

Then moving forward he can make up his mind on each and every player.

2-0 Gers.

Remember we are playing they cunts! 

10 minutes ago, Nk89 said:

McGregor 

Tav   Goldson     Balogun    Barisic

Davis   Kamara

Arfield

Aribo     Morelos    Kent

Same team! Gio has to come in and give these players 1 chance to rectify things if not and we crumble at least he knows yesterday wasn't a one off!

Then moving forward he can make up his mind on each and every player.

2-0 Gers.

Remember we are playing they cunts! 

Fuck that. That team shouldn’t have even started yesterday never mind starting on Thursday after the shit show they managed to put on 

8 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Looking forward to this weirdly enough, probably end up regretting it :lol:

👍🏻

I can see it far enough just now as still raging from yesterday but come Thursday the positive head will be back on and hopefully GvB can lift us to a result.

Alfie should be nowhere near this team on Thursday. Those cowards who showed up yesterday with blue jerseys on should be busting a gut to come out and redeem themselves, unfortunately I have no trust in them to do so. Young Patterson has been scoring  and assisting in International football and should be first pick on Thursday. Again , I’m not confident that he will start. That shambles  yesterday has put pressure on Gio already and if Goldstones comments after the game are true then we are in big trouble. Nows the time to show some balls and prove that there is a way back from this clusterfuck. Only a win will do Rangers so let’s see what you’re made of. 

4 minutes ago, surfsup2 said:

This made me smile as mad as I still feel we will turn up as we usually do 🤞💙

Yes indeed, it would be rude not to welcome Gio anyway. :thumbup:

I have no idea what team he will pick but with very little options at CH I cannot see any changes there.

I am sure yesterday was an eye opener for Gio and that is the only tiny crumb of comfort that can be taken from that performance, he saw it with his own eyes.

I am sure he was already discussing with Ross W some who needed to go in Jan and ones needed in.   

As long as barasic is nowhere near the starting 11 then that makes a start 

we constantly tried to go down the left yesterday only for barasic to shit the bed and turn back 

I’d play Patterson aswell he needs to be given more game time or we will lose him 

sakala is a player high in confidence after his international duties and should start in place of morelos 

1 hour ago, Colin Traive said:

Jack tried to get things moving yesterday and most of his passes were forward.

He’s the first name in my team for Thursday. Would normally say Kamara but someone has kidnapped him and replaced him with a dud double.

If Roofe and Hagi are fit, they have to start.

Is Jack in the euro squad?