*****The Official Rangers v Dundee thread *****

RS4_wul

We look much less one dimensional than we did under SG.  I loved SG's era like we all did but there were times where it just felt like Tav, Borna were launching the ball in the box for full games with no joy.  Not sure how Tav or Borna will feel about sitting back but we seem much more creative in the final third whilst not being so susceptible at the back.  That is  9 goals scored and 1 conceded after playing Hibs and Livi away and Dundee and Sparta at home.  Great stuff so far.

Great performance from the team, Dundee keeper had a great game and unfortunately kept the score down. Delighted to see Wright get an appearance and is a proper out and out winger. Borna looked more like his old self . Few contenders for motm but can’t argue with Aribogetting it . Can’t fault anyone today thought they all played there part , subs and all . The futures bright……   

🔴🔵💪

A deflected goal and an own goal will no doubt have the media narrative being we got lucky, but on another day that ends 7 or 8-0. 

Really encouraged by how many clear cut chances we created. A bit more composure from Alfie and Fashion and they would have taken an absolute doing. 

Credit to their keeper as well for a few very good saves. 

9 points in 8 days. Fucking brilliant. 

4 minutes ago, Sunglasses Ron said:

Only disappointed that we didn’t score more goals but that was so much like the Rangers of old. Thought Sakala was brilliant today, gutted he didn’t get on the scoresheet.

It would have been a complete rout had it not been for their keeper.

2 minutes ago, Vanoli said:

Convinced now that something wasn’t  right under Gerrard since the summer. We look like our old selves again, and just in time. 

It just reinforces that we the fans don’t really have a clue what’s going on behind closed doors. And maybe that’s as it should be but there are things that with the benefit of hindsight would suggest that the team were entirely focussed on stopping the ten.

Goldson referring to last season being inspired by “the Last Dance” never sat right with me. That documentary was about the Chicago Bulls swansong and the team going out as champions.

Gerrard saying “we were given a remit and we accomplished it” 

I think Gerrard fully intended on stopping the ten and then fucking off and I think he maybe let some of his players know that too

Just now, shaka said:

I think Bacuna is unlucky that he's competing with Aribo for the central attacking midfield role and Aribo is just immense right now.  Wonder if Bacuna could play the right wing role instead of Hagi but then we need to fit Kent in somewhere when he's back.  We've got so many attacking options now and I fully trust Gio to pick the right players for every game.

Good point there mate. He’s much faster than Hagi. Think he could do a job on the right as you say. 👍