*****Official Champions v Lyon match thread*****

HuistraHairDo

2nd string in what is nothing more than a midseason friendly. Only issue is the B team are in europe themselves tomorrow so probably no youth to call upon and 3 of the back 4 will have to play again.

McCrorie

Patterson Goldson Bassey Barisic

Jack Davis

Wright Hagi Bacuna

Roofe

1 hour ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

No way will we conceed a goal. 

Gio is very fond of his zero. Sets us up with 5 players on defensive duties, well 6 if you add in the keeper.

The other 5 have license to attack at every opportunity.

No idea what the team will be but that's how we will set up. Actually feel that we will win this.

6 hours ago, OrangeRab said:

I’d rather we focused on Sunday. But if he wants to field a “strong” team, there are a few players who the gulf in class to their replacement is too large to gamble on an injury.

Leave Kamara at home. Losing him and Aribo at the moment would be a hammer blow

We can still field a strong team V Lyon, we have a strong squad.

1 minute ago, KeyserSoze said:

No. Strongest team every time 

While I can appreciate not playing a full fringe side, we’d be mental to play our strongest starting eleven with qualification already tied up. GVB said as much in his press conference that he’d be resting players with Sunday in mind.

Which is great to hear because it shows he knows how big Sunday is for our season.

4 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

No. Strongest team every time 

I’m all about being ‘competitive’ in this game, but that’s all because if we look and play like a team who have just played on a Thursday night at Tynecastle with the speed that Hearts can come out the blocks there,  it’s not going to go well and I’d prefer putting everything into that for 3 points as we’ve already qualified here.

1 minute ago, Essandoh said:

While I can appreciate not playing a full fringe side, we’d be mental to play our strongest starting eleven with qualification already tied up. GVB said as much in his press conference that he’d be resting players with Sunday in mind.

Which is great to hear because it shows he knows how big Sunday is for our season.

I think there’s a problem with momentum when this happens it’s the same as rotating players. Especially if our fringe players are nowhere good enough. Keeping the same players together creating that winning momentum/ethos is sometimes more beneficial than “resting” players

I trust GVB though