*****Official Champions v Lyon match thread*****

HuistraHairDo

8 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

No Jack on bench says a lot.

A midfielder has got to be a priority in January.

I hope to fuck Davis isn’t being rested for Tynecastle.

Aye don't feel like that's a game for him at all. Hopefully Lundstram has a stormer tonight, and plays his way into the team, if we're going with 2 sitters would rather him and Kamara. Although would ideally prefer Aribo, Kamara and Arfield.

8 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I'm still not convinced Bassey is a CH. Tonight is his first big test. Let's hope he proves me wrong and has Dembele in his back pocket.

Sparta Prague and Hibs away are both big tests and he was excellent both times

6 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

I think In terms of giving Davis a rest, it's a wise move. If it was a must win game, I would have Davis in there every time. 

Rest him on Sunday as he should be nowhere near our starting line up.

not many options at back but Kamara and Kent shouldn’t be starting tonight.

An injury to Kamara and we are fucked.

1 hour ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Aye, relatively stress free for a change. Can't remember last time we qualified with a game to spare. Credit to the squad for doing it.

Will be good to see how Gio approaches European matches. Hope the players go out and express themselves and enjoy the occasion. 

Last season?? 

4 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

Aye don't feel like that's a game at all. Hopefully Lundstram has a stormer tonight, and plays his way into the team, if we're going with 2 sitters would rather him and Kamara. Although would ideally prefer Aribo, Kamara and Arfield.

Sparta Prague and Hibs away are both big tests and he was excellent both times

I got the Davis thing when Gerrard was there because of loyalty but will be really disappointed if Gio thinks he’s a starter in big games.

Just now, STEPPS BOY said:

I got the Davis thing when Gerrard was there because of loyalty but will be really disappointed of Gio thinks he’s a starter in big games.

Think he'll be phased out gradually but Tynecastle is probably the game I'd like to see him in the least

Big chance for Hagi to show us what he can do in that central attacking midfielder role that Aribo has been making his own.

Plenty of pace to catch them on the break, decent team from the gaffer and some fringe players being given the opportunity against decent  opposition  but no too many as to effect the cohesion of the team and make it a waste of time.