So What is the Difference?

The Ibrox Derry

Straightway under the new gaffer we are scoring first rather than conceding and having a mountain to climb which this season under Gerrard was getting scandalous. So well dun gio/team and we back to our old self...no fear from the players. Great start absolutely buzzing with Everything....and well dun to the fans always loud n proud.

13 minutes ago, Rlm said:

Straightway under the new gaffer we are scoring first rather than conceding and having a mountain to climb which this season under Gerrard was getting scandalous. So well dun gio/team and we back to our old self...no fear from the players. Great start absolutely buzzing with Everything....and well dun to the fans always loud n proud.

Dun once was bad but twice is fucking chronic. 

16 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

We’re now playing more attacking.

Aribo a revelation in the 10 role, the 3 CDM’s have gone and today was almost prime Morelos.

He played well today but Morelos still needs to take care of the ball better imo. It’s hugely frustrating, especially when play breaks down in good positions and there’s supporting players running off him.

42 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

Soon as the team was announced today, for the first time in months I thought that’s the team I’d play . That’s the difference when you seen gerrards teams like Simpson  in against Motherwell for no reason ,you would think wtf!

That's the big thing I've noticed.  Gio has a plan for every game.  He's not restricted by a rigid formation like Gerrard was.  He made a few subtle changes as well when he realised we were struggling in the second half.  Dropping Aribo a bit further back to help out the midfield and make it a three again.  Gerrard didn't have a plan B and now with Gio you can see him giving out instructions and changing tactics in the middle of the game to influence things. 

I was always confident that Gio would be an upgrade but the speed at which it's happened is amazing.

6 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

When you look at the hold up play from Roofe on Thursday compared to Morelos today it’s night and day.

That’s why Morelos is our best option as the 9

I was pretty drunk on Thursday night so only vaguely latched on to Roofe being poor but still, Morelos still has that to sharpen up his game whether Roofe is rubbish or not.

32 minutes ago, Real Ranger said:

To read some of the comments you wouldn’t think Gerrard had took over a team that struggled to get second place in the league never mind win it and pumped out of Europe by part time minnows from Luxembourg to becoming Scottish champions without losing a game and make qualifying for the latter stages of Europe the norm for our great club.

Our great club had stagnated though and it seemingly was down to the Manager not really bothering his arse. 

If you stand still you die and I’m not surprised the majority of the Fanbase are happy at a refreshed approach in terms of style of play and allowing the players a bit more expression.

5 minutes ago, HuistraHairDo said:

Gerrard showing too much respect to the dross, for instance today Davis, Kamara, and Lundstrum would have started for Gerrard or at least two of the three would.

Kamara on his own done that job by having defenders defending and not getting caught up the park. It also frees up a midfielder (Arfield) to run past players. 

Yeah I was impressed with the starting 11 he picked today and I like when we play with one holding midfielder as it makes us more exciting going forward 🔴🔵👍🏻