So What is the Difference?

The Ibrox Derry

59 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

A lot of it down to a new manager who wants to be here but tactically players have much more of an ability to express themselves. Gerrard’s system was far too over complicated imo.

Under Gerrard I got the feeling that the team were playing with the handbrake on at times, more so earlier on this season. 

Aribo and Kent keep playing the way they are until May and they'll both leave for an absolute warchest. 

30 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

The million little sly digs at Gerrard here are embarrassing as fuck man.

It’s getting a bit tiresome now tbh, even more so when you consider how good the replacement we got for him has been so far.

A lot of people seem to be unable to stop themselves from bringing him up even though they apparently want to forget that he ever had anything to do with us.

5 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

It’s getting a bit tiresome now tbh, even more so when you consider how good the replacement we got for him has been so far.

A lot of people seem to be unable to drop themselves from bringing him up even though they apparently want to forget that he ever had anything to do with us.

You love making posts like that. So much so you aren’t even taking in what threads are literally about anymore 

6 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Don’t think there’s been many digs at him here that are unfair though in this thread.

Absolutely fair to compare tactical approaches and styles.

Hmmm

2 hours ago, Jakes Pal said:

Dare I say that we have a Gaffer that knows what being a Rangers manager involves?

2 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

A manager that wants to be here, win things and leave a legacy. 

2 hours ago, TheFamousPigeon said:

A manager who isn't running off to catch the last 20 minutes of the Liverpool game...

2 hours ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Gerrard was full of shite and now saying all the same stuff at villa, his time there will also end the same way 

2 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Can't wait until the end of the season so we never hear that cunts name mentioned in the same sentence as us ever again. 

2 hours ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

He will sneak off in the dead of night...... to Manage Solihull Moors 😁😁👍👍

That's just page one ffs :lol:

1 hour ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Under Gerrard I got the feeling that the team were playing with the handbrake on at times, more so earlier on this season. 

Aribo and Kent keep playing the way they are until May and they'll both leave for an absolute warchest. 

Our play was rigid even when we could see it was not working, You could see today the way GVB moved Kamara back a bit to help out the defence at times and make it harder to find gaps.

Gerrard had beale for the tactics which were successful at times, but there was no change even when we faced opposition who had found us out a bit.

12 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

You love making posts like that. So much so you aren’t even taking in what threads are literally about anymore 

Apart from one post earlier one which was tongue in cheek, the only thread I’ve mentioned Gerrard in recently has been the one about him at Aston Villa.

The main differences for me are our attack under Mr Van Bronckhorst  asks  alot more questions of opposition defences than it did previously  and players are playing in areas of the park that allow them to express their talents better rather than being forced into some rigid system just to get a game.

1 hour ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Dun once was bad but twice is fucking chronic. 

Thanks for your comment. Rather than focusing on spelling mistakes, it would be great if you could try and read the positives in the post and try to focus on the content rather than highlighting a spelling mistake.  I'm dyslexic and my posts will never be perfect, but the majority of fans on here are supportive and dont judge the minor detail as long as the post is understandable.  We won today and the post was a positive, but you feel the need to highlight a spelling error. 

I was worried about where we were heading after SG left. Wasn't sure what the reaction of the players would be and the Hibs game amplified the worry. 

I now look at the turnaround and I recognise my team the way I did last season. We look confident, well drilled and have a few systems in our formation. 

i remember reading an alleged story about Arfield saying that the gerrard days toward the end were lethargic and doubted it.. not sure I am doubting if now though. 

3 minutes ago, Rlm said:

Thanks for your comment. Rather than focusing on spelling mistakes, it would be great if you could try and read the positives in the post and try to focus on the content rather than highlighting a spelling mistake.  I'm dyslexic and my posts will never be perfect, but the majority of fans on here are supportive and dont judge the minor detail as long as the post is understandable.  We won today and the post was a positive, but you feel the need to highlight a spelling error. 

Mate should see some of ma posts for grammar spelling 🤣

Calm yer jets