*****The Official sheep v The Champions Matchday thread*****

ElBufalo20

I'm happy Sands is in rather than Lundstram. Sands, from what I've seen, is better on the ball than him and a better defender. He's not quite Davis in that regard but definetely a notch up. 

As mentioned already Lundstram and Kamara are brutal in midfield and we rarely score more than one with them two in there (similar to Kamara and Jack). 

I want to see Bacuna used as an 8 but with Kamara him and Hagi it just feels too lightweight at Pittodrie.

Just now, Swagger said:

Fucking wow. Lundstrum has been a hit or a miss but GVB must rate Sands highly to put him straight in 

Swings both ways that. Could just fancy the alternatives less. But with bacuna being more forward thinking and kamara being brilliant DM a Reckon it sways more to that boy having impressed him. 

Am I wrong to think it's just a bit lightweight - there's a couple of games in which I'd prefer us to have a bit more dig & Pittodrie is one.

But in saying that I remember on a H & H podcast they suggested that's why Gerrard got it wrong against Hearts & Aberdeen because he focused too much on a battle as opposed to playing football.

Just now, GabrielTomato said:

Am I wrong to think it's just a bit lightweight - there's a couple of games in which I'd prefer us to have a bit more dig & Pittodrie is one.

But in saying that I remember on a H & H podcast they suggested that's why Gerrard got it wrong against Hearts & Aberdeen because he focused too much on a battle as opposed to playing football.

Whats the alternative? Only lundstram on the bench looks more physical than hagi and sands.

1 minute ago, GabrielTomato said:

Aye focus on playing football we win, get drawn into a daft physical battle gives them a chance. 

4 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Didn't see Sands starting right away. Hopefully hits the ground running. 

Days must be numbered for Lundstram and Bacuna if they still can't get into the 11 with the players missing. 

Happily see the back of both of them 

5 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

Sands in midfield? I was reliably informed on here in another thread that the boy was a centre-half. 😜:craphead:

He is though. Hopefully it's a good sign that he can play in both positions. Might in fact be a better position for him until he fills out a bit more. 

I'm looking forward to seeing him play.