Borna Barisic

JM1872

Just now, Rangers_no1 said:

Not sure how mate, Bassey was dreadful tonight.

Bassey would have lost that goal tonight as well, did similar earlier in the season.

Bassey got builled by that Greek striker.

You basing this on him at CB? He’s a better defender than Barisic at left back. Think he would’ve given Abada more to think about than the shitebag. 

The third goal we lost was fucking shocking. Barasic has got to be aware what’s going on behind him, but stood like a fucking statue and never went to meet the ball. If I never see him in a Rangers jersey again it’ll be too son. Absolute schoolboy defending and looks like he shat it as soon as the first whistle went. Fucking beeling even thinking about it. 

Just now, Hadron Collider said:

You basing this on him at CB? He’s a better defender than Barisic at left back. Think he would’ve given Abada more to think about than the shitebag. 

Basing it on him being shite defensively at LB and incapable of crossing a ball.

He cost us 2 goals at LB vs County. Was shite at LB vs Aberdeen, Dundee and St Johnstone.

1 hour ago, Hadron Collider said:

Bassey looks far more comfortable at left back as he can play to his obvious strengths. 
As ive said before, how do we think Barasic would do at CB? 

Flatters to deceive or least he used to. Just stinks the place out these days.

That tonight was his worst performance of the lot. Never got tight on a man. Constantly took the easy option and went back to the keeper (from very advanced positions). Didn't start any attacking move. Cant recall any crosses swung in or any tackles made.

Left flat footed and squatting in our 6 yard box, like a dug doin' a shite, for their third goal.

15 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

For me it is Bassey who is the problem for Barisic.  Remove Bassey and replace with a proper CB and Barisic wouldn't have to try and cover two players at the same time.  Bassey isn't good enough for us.

I understand what you are saying and agree to an extent but tonight Bassey was also covering for Borna (and leaving huge holes in the defence). I dunno, perhaps that affected Borna but he did look utterly awful.

Either way, the filth looked like they let were targeting the two.

I prey that Balogun and big Fil will be fit and raring to go soon and our defence will tighten.

I still think Helander being missing is the root cause of a lot of our defensive problems.

2 hours ago, Number5 said:

He's shat it on and off for his whole time here. 

But today's performance could have made you sick.

I would have ripped into amateur players for defending like that.

Awful. 

He has definitely lost a lot of love tonight .Takes a lot for me to rip into a player .For me he absolutely cost us all on his own .

There were other individual errors but he had a few chances to put pressure on while the game wasn’t lost and gave the ball back to McGregor while in there final 3rd ,No self belief to try something and that’s unforgivable.

1 hour ago, JCDBigBear said:

For me it is Bassey who is the problem for Barisic.  Remove Bassey and replace with a proper CB and Barisic wouldn't have to try and cover two players at the same time.  Bassey isn't good enough for us.

As unhappy as I am with Borna tonight I take your point. Can't believe the manager had Baolgun fit and ready and thought Bassey was still a good idea.

My worry going forward is that Borna or Bassey will still be kept in this more defensive full back role which neither will thrive in. 

5 hours ago, JM1872 said:

It was frightening mate. He was YARDS off the winger every time, and don’t start on me stopping crosses coming in.

The 3rd goal? Wow. He must have thought their winger would be lurking at the back post. So flat footed and looked genuinely surprised that Abada had appeared to score.

He looked as surprised by Ababa as he would have if a fan had jumped on to the park to score. He's far too old to be learning that lesson and why did he continually retreat into the box like a coward looking for protection. 

5 hours ago, Laudrup1984 said:

He looked lost, timid and devoid of any confidence. He wasn't the only though sadly.

Looked a shell of the player tonight. Even when he was in their half his first thought seemed to be turn back and find McGregor.

Borna made some great lung bursting runs with the ball from their half to ours just to pass it back to bassey/McGregor 

5 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

How many times was Barasic one on one with Abada and absolutely shit himself,  he took the easy option and withdrew into the box bringing pressure onto his teammates,  he flung the towel in for the third goal , unforgivable, and remember he wandered away from Ross County player who scored equaliser . Bottom line is GVB wants defenders at full back and that ain't Tav and definitely ain't Barasic. Nowt to do with Bassey who will surely now take his place.

4 hours ago, SIRB_72 said:

As unhappy as I am with Borna tonight I take your point. Can't believe the manager had Baolgun fit and ready and thought Bassey was still a good idea.

My worry going forward is that Borna or Bassey will still be kept in this more defensive full back role which neither will thrive in. 

Who says balogun was fit and ready, we have no idea how fit he is and if he could have lasted 90mins, being thrown on when the game in done for 45mins is different from starting the game