*****The Official Borussia Dortmund vs Rangers Match Thread*****

Essandoh

1 minute ago, Misteral said:

What a performance and result. Fantastic. Too many players played well to pick a MOTM and I love it when that happens, especially in Europe. 

First time I have watched a game where I wanted the starting eleven to stay on for the whole match.

Just now, tm91 said:

Imagine if someone posted on here after the Old Firm game - "It sucks tonight lads, but we'll respond by beating Hearts 5-0 and in a few weeks we'll win 4-2 against Dortmund and be the first team to score 4 goals at their stadium and win".

I'm still not completely sure if I'm dreaming or not. What a result. And tonight, every player deserves credit, but especially the ones that have been criticised recently (including by myself) - Kent, Lundstram, Bassey, all magnificant.

Jack makes us such a better side. Morelos has transformed himself into something unplayable for other defences. And Gio has learned his lessons, and got us right back firing again winning massive games.

Nights like this are why you love Rangers. What a fucking night.

So why the fuck did he change the formation when we looked in total control 

That was as first class a performance from a Rangers side as I've seen in a while.

Lost a couple of goals through allowing them to run direct at us through the middle but hey ho that's a top top side we beat tonight and if you'd offered me 4-2 Rangers before a ball was kicked I'd have bit your hand off for that.

Plenty of plaudits to go around though with , for me anyway , Jack , Lundstram , Bassey and Kent as the standouts with a very confidence boosting performance in the 2nd half by Barasic.

It's far from over but it's good to be in the driving seat in the tie and I look forward to seeing how GVB approaches the game at Ibrox.

5 minutes ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

I don’t think he was as good tonight as some are making out tonight but it’s incredibly harsh to say he was a man down. He still out in a good performance not a single player played badly tonight.

For me just loses the ball nearly every time he’s on it if it’s not going back to McGregor and never looks like doing anything positive. Wasn’t as glaringly bad tonight as against the scum but I don’t think what he did tonight was praise worthy