Gio Discussion Thread

stevemac

1 minute ago, Ger_onimo said:

That’s the only incident I can think of that seems to have triggered him losing the dressing room 

Zonal marking change when clearly not working, would unsettle a team/defence a lot more than dropping an out of shape player that's been supposedly out pished and came on for a petulant red card that cost us 2 points 

Just now, ShanksRFC said:

Saying can't compete in CL 🤣 tell that to 50k fans who have just paid 165 quid for 3 matches! 

Exactly. If we can’t compete why should we fucking turn up and watch?

1 minute ago, Ger_onimo said:

That’s the only incident I can think of that seems to have triggered him losing the dressing room 

It doesn't have to be one incident. It could be the gradual realisation from the players that his style and tactics are not working. This whole zonal marking at set plays with no-one on the far or near post is one example of absolutely kamikaze tactics, the players don't look like they have a clue defending corners. That's down to coaching and tactics.

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Completely disagree. A complete shower of cowardly cunts downing tools and giving up again and again. They deserve hounded out the club, along with the cunts in charge.

He was asked a question in his interview.  ARE THE PLAYERS CARRYING OUT YOUR INSTRUCTIONS? if your being asked that then you've lost the dressing room. 

As much as i want him to go, i actually feel sorry for him to. 

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Completely disagree. A complete shower of cowardly cunts downing tools and giving up again and again. They deserve hounded out the club, along with the cunts in charge.

Are you suggesting we hound the entire playing staff out the club, and the boardroom but keep the manager?

Just now, Ger_onimo said:

Same. Although, there was the question of him suggesting he had ran the decision by the players.....which they denied. 

I dunno.....maybe we're just pish. I mean, you can't take Bassey & Aribo out that team and be as good. Injuries & other problems haven't helped with their replacements. Is it just pure bad luck?

Just now, Scottywellhousetb said:

Are you suggesting we hound the entire playing staff out the club, and the boardroom but keep the manager?

😆 folk don't realise how football works. If the manager can't get a tune out of their squad it's done.

3 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

Zonal marking change when clearly not working, would unsettle a team/defence a lot more than dropping an out of shape player that's been supposedly out pished and came on for a petulant red card that cost us 2 points 

There was something about the club saying the players had been consulted, Goldson denying it etc that didn’t sit right. More the way it was handled than being about Morelos himself