Gio Discussion Thread

stevemac

I hope now that Gio knows the approach that needs to be took at the Piggery, still early in the season but in two weeks we've got to show up, the dropped points yesterday can be a positive in the long run regards some of the new faces and knowing what's expected, we weren't great yesterday but we we're still miles in front when the tarrier in black struck again.

To me, Gio's biggest problem is player attitude. We all see the difference from the domestic league to Europe. Domestic league we should win most games but players appear to be turning up with the attitude that we should just do enough to win and save our selves for the big games or they can't be bothered doing the mental and physical work on the park to breakdown a 9 or 10 man defense, it then goes wrong and we can't go up a gear midgame. In Europe, we don't expect the stroll any game and we need to up our levels, and we have done this consistently.

Players attitude to each game informs their desire and hunger to win that game. Gio needs to find players who want to put in the hard work to win every game not just the big ones. Playing for Rangers is not just about ability but the correct attitude is a vital to be up for all the games. I think this is our biggest problem and Gio needs to weed out those who jusy don't have it no matter who they are.

20 hours ago, superallysbears said:

Some cunt phone down to Mike Beale! I'm joking before anyone loses their shit :belm:

Tbf he's an excellent coach with good links here. Wouldn't be against it at all if gio went later this season.

1 hour ago, superallysbears said:

I hope now that Gio knows the approach that needs to be took at the Piggery, still early in the season but in two weeks we've got to show up, the dropped points yesterday can be a positive in the long run regards some of the new faces and knowing what's expected, we weren't great yesterday but we we're still miles in front when the tarrier in black struck again.

We had only 2 attempts on target, one the penalty and the other the header.  We are not burying teams.

49 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

I've calmed since yesterday my take is this his pragmatic style will cost him his job. 

The Hibs manager made 2 changes yesterday in the first half and he said "we couldn't get near them" 

We had 1 shot on target in that half they couldn't get near us that is utterly pathetic and needs to change. 

We have a big month coming up, away to celtic, Aberdeen and Hearts. He is the only person who thinks were playing well. these 3 games could end him if he doesnt pull his head out of his arse. 

5 hours ago, steven33jackie said:

Is Gio being backed properly by the board. Our spend so far is in the region of 12million. Theirs since Ange arrived its 40 million and rising. We would need to add all our signings since Gerrard arrived to get close to their outlay in the last three windows.

Most of the players who have arrived have yet to get enough minutes on the park either by arriving short of fitness or picking up knocks. Tillman looks decent and him and Lawrence look like they will contribute. Colak is scoring but needs service. For me that's it, only time will tell for the rest. I can't believe that we still haven't signed a proper box to box midfielder who can carry the ball forward with some intent. We also still have players hanging around who don't look fully invested in the team. Kent and Kamara for me are the biggest culprits. Kent yesterday was once again below average and Kamara didn't even make the bench. Before the window closes we need a few out the door and at least a midfielder and a striker coming in.

:ang:

15 minutes ago, Broxi said:

His management in Europe minus one penalty kick has been absolutely flawless.

He came in needing to beat Sparta Prague by 2 goals to qualify from the groups, then took us past Dortmund, Red Star, Braga and Leipzig to reach the final, and has now taken us into the Champions League. 

Outstanding. 

Beat a very decent side to get us into the champions league too.