Screening final at ibrox

Just now, Monkey Butler said:

It was just Bar 72 that was opened was it not? 

Big screen in front of the main stand with at least the bottom tiers open in the other 3. Due to accessibility of Manchester I would imagine their would be more interest this year...

Not sure I'd expect it to be free.

I was at the 2008 the Manchester beam back. Sat in the Broomloan, with the screen in front of the govan. 

Could hardly see the screen, which wasn't too bad because of the result. 

They should try and get screens set up for every stand. 

Just now, Unionblue said:

Cant have it free, would be full of the soap dodgers , you know what those cunts are like, make it a tenner entry,  a decent profit and   would  make sure no fans miss the banter

I would go as far as to make it MyGers only 

2 minutes ago, tm91 said:

Yeah I was there too. You could barely see the game and were relying on reactions half the time. Plus while there was a great crowd there were loads of people who were clearly not regulars and saw it as a bit of a day out.

Still haven't been able to watch that game since.

4 screens, one for each stand. £10 entry. Fill Ibrox no bother. Get some entertainment on too. Print money.

8 minutes ago, tm91 said:

Yeah I was there too. You could barely see the game and were relying on reactions half the time. Plus while there was a great crowd there were loads of people who were clearly not regulars and saw it as a bit of a day out.

Still haven't been able to watch that game since.

The build up to last night was the first time I have seen the goals from that final since it happened I think 

3 minutes ago, left winger said:

Police say we should ‘respect the city and it’s communities’. Now, I’m all for that, but it would be nice for a wee change to see our community respected.

Was just about to say the same. "Without disruption to the wider community". 

They treat us like second class citizens.

On 06/05/2022 at 16:14, aird said:

I was at the 2008 the Manchester beam back. Sat in the Broomloan, with the screen in front of the govan. 

Could hardly see the screen, which wasn't too bad because of the result. 

They should try and get screens set up for every stand. 

Do that and they can pack Ibrox.

4 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

Was just about to say the same. "Without disruption to the wider community". 

They treat us like second class citizens.

Without disruption to the wider community...

So suppose it'll be nothing like the supposed 100,000 marching through the City Centre for Independence...closing most of the City for a day

Or any of the films/bike races which happen regularly, again closing main parts of the City and causing a nightmare to people working during the day.

But an 8pm game on a Wednesday night might be too tough for them...

1 minute ago, Willis said:

I think its baffling that the final is on a Wednesday. Why couldn't they make it a Saturday?

Did it not used to be the Europa/Uefa final in the midweek then the Champions League final on the Saturday?

Always thought that's why they done it but recently it's been the week before the Champions League final so aye makes no sense lol 

9 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

Without disruption to the wider community...

So suppose it'll be nothing like the supposed 100,000 marching through the City Centre for Independence...closing most of the City for a day

Or any of the films/bike races which happen regularly, again closing main parts of the City and causing a nightmare to people working during the day.

But an 8pm game on a Wednesday night might be too tough for them...

Good points mate ...... since 2012 the bitterness has  risen beyond recognition in this country.

🇬🇧