*****The Official Europa League Final Match Thread*****

G.E.C.

23 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Goldson was in a nightmare situation, it was a wicked ball in, hit with pace and going across the 6 yard line, and because his positioning is in between the posts any sort of a touch and it could go in, ge has a split second to try weigh up his options

Bassey just needs to track the runner, if he gets and stays goalside the boy doesn't score, baasey is caught in between two decisions as well, he sticks with his man or goes and attacks the ball, split second decision that bassey decided to stick with his man who got the jump on him by less than a yard (remember aribos miss against leipzig, the defender marking aribo leaves him when wright is about to header the ball and instead chooses to drop to his goalline predicting wright to try head it on goal, ge got lucky aribo missed the knock down but its split second decisions like that) 

However its a tough one because the cross is fucking tremendous, and the strikers movement is good, wright could have done more to cut the cross out but its still a dyno cross, compare that to tavs in the first few mins that he ballooned out the park on the other side

Thought Goldson had a really poor game, yes Wright should definitely have stopped the cross bit Goldsons positioning was atrocious, he's got to be prepared for that ball coming in and got caught on his heel's, when they scored I genuinely never felt we would win, unfortunately our inability to deal with cross ball's has been our downfall not just last night but for the past six months, the goals we have lost in the League have been embarrassing.

2 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Wright's frustrating. He does something well technically to make space then at some point in his move his technique will let him down. Goes from impressive to disappointing in the space of a few seconds.

He has the heart, but the inconsistent technique will always let him down.

He is simply not good enough and needs to go. We could let all of this seasons singnings go apart from Lundstrum and they would not be missed. Does not fill me with much confidence that our recruitment team are up to the job of building a team. 

17 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

People are going out of their way to not blame Bassey, had it been the other way about and Goldson lost the marker for the goal the views would be completely different.

He was very good again last night, but his individual lapses are stilling costing us goals whether people want to admit it or not. Nearly cost us with poor play out wide, but did well to recover, lucky Borre is not the quickest though.

Yeah thats why im even sticking up for goldson in a way, with hindsight he does take the chance and sticks out a leg, with hindsight bassey goes to the ball and disregards the attacker completely, 

However im not going to be too critical of them as it was a fantastic cross which forces us into split second decisions, whereas our crosses seem to send a whatsapp to the defenders telling them to just head it away

So poor on the ball and going forward 

8 minutes ago, the old guard said:

Thought Goldson had a really poor game, yes Wright should definitely have stopped the cross bit Goldsons positioning was atrocious, he's got to be prepared for that ball coming in and got caught on his heel's, when they scored I genuinely never felt we would win, unfortunately our inability to deal with cross ball's has been our downfall not just last night but for the past six months, the goals we have lost in the League have been embarrassing.

Goldson didn't have a poor game as such, he had one slip (same as bassey) and both culpable for the goal, yet one is described as MOTM and the other is berated

Out the back 4 and lundstram, our worst players were tav and barisic, how many fucking times do we let a winger pick the ball up and drive forward about 30 yards, everytime kent or wright got the ball a man was up their arse, it's not difficult to pick up the danger man out wide 

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Goldson didn't have a poor game as such, he had one slip (same as bassey) and both culpable for the goal, yet one is described as MOTM and the other is berated

Out the back 4 and lundstram, our worst players were tav and barisic, how many fucking times do we let a winger pick the ball up and drive forward about 30 yards, everytime kent or wright got the ball a man was up their arse, it's not difficult to pick up the danger man out wide 

Goldson fucked up minutes before the one that cost us and generally was all over the place when they came forward. The guy is bullet proof to some on here , I personally cant wait till we rebuild that defence with him not in it. And to lump Bassey in with his display is hilarious , the guy is getting rave reviews from all over the planet this morning.

3 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

It wasn't a slip it was outright bad positioning, you could say that there were three mistakes at their goal but imo Goldson was way more culpable than Bassey. Who by the way is a left back playing at centre back and that should not be lost in all of this.

Absolutely fucking gutted this morning, no getting round that. My memory of the game is already a little hazy but I actually thought we were much the better team in ET and should have won it. I see Gio getting some criticism for bringing Sands on but don't forget we were playing a team who were masters of the counter attack. We didnt concede and still created chances after he came on so not a terrible sub for me. Roofe clearly wasn't fit enough to play more than a bit part so couldn't have come on earlier.

Ifs buts and maybes now but I genuinely think with a fit Morelos we win that.

1 minute ago, tm91 said:

It doesn't make me feel better but it is undeniable. It'd be far worse if we battered them and couldn't get it done. Ultimately they were the better side.

For me that almosy makes it worse. If we'd been braver, if the players had played the game and not the occasion, it could have been so different. But nothing kills time like asking 'what if?'

We always give far to much respect to overhyped average sides in Europe. After not conceding in the first half we should have came at them more , Lowry for Kamara was the HT sub for me , but when he sent on Davis in the SH he was playing for penalties IMO.

They were a good side not a great side and we were more than capable of turning them over , to many of our players never turned up , again.

2 minutes ago, TheMightyGer said:

Absolutely fucking gutted this morning, no getting round that. My memory of the game is already a little hazy but I actually thought we were much the better team in ET and should have won it. I see Gio getting some criticism for bringing Sands on but don't forget we were playing a team who were masters of the counter attack. We didnt concede and still created chances after he came on so not a terrible sub for me. Roofe clearly wasn't fit enough to play more than a bit part so couldn't have come on earlier.

Ifs buts and maybes now but I genuinely think with a fit Morelos we win that.

That wanker of a Colombia manager has cost us league and Europa league.

11 hours ago, bluenoz said:

Slagging fans who have just spent two days drinking in unaccustomed 35-degree temperatures for fading at 9 pm is a bit unfair.

We have one of the best travelling support in the world.

Just heard on 'Rangers Review' that there was a serious lack of food and WATER in the stadium,seems a lot of fans were dehydrated.If that's the case,small wonder our fans were on the quiet side.

1 hour ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Goldson was in a nightmare situation, it was a wicked ball in, hit with pace and going across the 6 yard line, and because his positioning is in between the posts any sort of a touch and it could go in, ge has a split second to try weigh up his options

Bassey just needs to track the runner, if he gets and stays goalside the boy doesn't score, baasey is caught in between two decisions as well, he sticks with his man or goes and attacks the ball, split second decision that bassey decided to stick with his man who got the jump on him by less than a yard (remember aribos miss against leipzig, the defender marking aribo leaves him when wright is about to header the ball and instead chooses to drop to his goalline predicting wright to try head it on goal, ge got lucky aribo missed the knock down but its split second decisions like that) 

However its a tough one because the cross is fucking tremendous, and the strikers movement is good, wright could have done more to cut the cross out but its still a dyno cross, compare that to tavs in the first few mins that he ballooned out the park on the other side

Can't believe you're letting Goldson off the hook in that post???Deflecting  to Wright and Bassey is pathetic.

15 minutes ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

Conceded a few goals this season with Goldson standing like a statue and letting the ball run across him instead of attacking it, the fact he then tries to blame others around him is laughable, a decent servant but he can go.

Been doing it for 4 year.