*****The Official Europa League Final Match Thread*****

G.E.C.

53 minutes ago, mus said:

I know it's all if's and but's, but i was convinced that Goldson gave away a pen in the first half he definitely got the player without touching the ball IMO 

Couldn't believe that wasn't given. We definitely rode our luck on Wednesday and probably lucky it got to penalties tbh. 

1 hour ago, offminorthreat said:

Disgraceful that bears were doing that to others in that situation. 

Wasn't a bear - I didn't explain fully. It was locals- 3 of them suddenly appeared jumping about as fans were singing and one got a guy's watch. Then he got a couple of smacks from one supporter once the boy got his watch back.

1 hour ago, mus said:

I know it's all if's and but's, but i was convinced that Goldson gave away a pen in the first half he definitely got the player without touching the ball IMO 

We would have been screaming if that was Aribo going down in the box at the other end. Was definitely a penalty. Got away with it big time.

Don’t think we played well overall in the match. We were 2nd best for the 1st half hour, then got into the game until half time.

Started 2nd half poorly but got the goal slightly against the run of play.  From the equaliser to full time was quite even. But thought we were the stronger in extra time.

My feeling was the pitch was quite slow and sticky which didn’t really help us play our normal game.

There was a move in the game from Kostic, he ran the length of the pitch and struck a shot which looked quite powerful until it hit the ground and took all the pace out of the shot as it went past the post. 
Also just realised how unlucky Davis was not to have scored at the end. 

1 minute ago, EMRFC said:

Just watched Aribo’s goal back for the time, fuck me I feel like crying

Dunno how you’ve been able to do that

I’ll never find myself able to watch that back and it was my happiest moment supporting Rangers

Never known a feeling like that all my life, burst out crying

7 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

The cross was outstanding.  A cross that should never have been 

But the cross did happen and our main defender didn’t defend it when it was within his reach. Why did he leave it ffs? He could have knocked it out of play. Such a shite soft goal to lose and typical of Goldsons defending this season. 

5 hours ago, El-Hadji Spit RFC said:

Shocking decision having Ramsey take a penalty, guys barely kicked a baw! We all knew it was a big risk, why take that risk?! Very bad managerial decision imo 

I agree with this. He should have been on for all of extra time. 

7 hours ago, Super Ally Scores Again! said:

Roofe was fucked in the warm up - Constantly touching his knee, going back n forth to the medical team - Didn’t look like a player who knew he was fit/ready to go

He was only on for pens unfortunately

He actually done well when he came on imo. 

Sitting on Doha with 4 hour layover looking at pictures and videos I took. A took one of the scoreboard and a short video a few minutes after we scored with the bears bouncing. I swear man I am about to greet in the airport, probably the best 12 minutes in nearly 40 years of following Rangers until they equalised. I thought we were actually going to do it. 

7 hours ago, mus said:

I said the same at the time, I think nowadays it’s one of those that if it’s given it doesn’t get overturned and if it isn’t given it also doesn’t. There’s nothing clear and obvious missed and there’s enough of an argument both ways to leave it fairly ambiguous.

1 hour ago, kelvd1873 said:

He actually done well when he came on imo. 

He did in fairness and probably just reiterated that with a wee bit more belief we might have got the job done.

My original reply was in relation to someone questioning why he didn’t come on earlier