Colak

44 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Remember when people were complaining because we were spending 1.8 million on a 28 year old? :belm:

After the 1st half of the Killie game my mate said he was useless and wouldn’t score more than 5 goals this season. 7 in 7 lad! 

1 minute ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

I was always confident he would do well mate.

Apart from his spell in Greece he had a return close to a goal or assist every other game over a period of about five years, playing in leagues that are comparable or slightly better than where we play, and after looking the part against us in Europe too (his finishes were incredible that might) I thought that if we gave him chances he would finish them.

Also just shows that there are good players out there who don’t cost a fortune either.

Mate see Greece the league is constantly under 2.5 goals every week (aye some will be different) but it’s not a league to judge anyone tbh 

12 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Today’s the day I finally saw the point in Scott Wright too and why Gio probably gives him so many minutes.

Let’s face it he’s a poor footballer, but the turn in tight situations and his ability to carry a ball 15/20 yards at pace is I think important in this league.

It’s a bit like the “he gets on base” in Moneyball. 

Harsh considering the performance he just put in!

5 minutes ago, Amato said:

I don’t think it is. He hasn’t got a great touch. His vision is ordinary and his passing is really poor in numerous moments every match. Think he gave the ball away three times in the first 25 today?

He is a limited player but clearly has a purpose in the side.

26 minutes ago, Amato said:

Thought he was pretty poor, gave the ball away and made the wrong decision time after time.

Nothing against the guy, but when you look across that front 5 > Colak, Kent, Lawrence, Tillman and Wright > it’s clear there’s a massive gulf in quality. 

Don't understand people who moan that Colak doesn't provide much apart from goals. He is a lone striker FFS! Scoring is his primary role and he is doing so very consistently. 

I am more than happy for him to poach and make his well timed attacking runs. Starting to feel we are a goal up whenever he starts!

Great signing by Gio, and he has it in him to score against absolutely any team as long as we provide him the service.  More than capable of shining in the upcoming CL fixtures.

1 hour ago, siamthedanger said:

After the 1st half of the Killie game my mate said he was useless and wouldn’t score more than 5 goals this season. 7 in 7 lad! 

That’s symptomatic of a lot of posters on here mate.  Writing people off way too early.  I’m sure they know who they are.  He’s a player for sure.