John Lundstram

KeyserSoze

Imagine a scenario where Goldson and Tav decide to see out their existing contracts. Tav will almost 35 and Goldson 33 by the time they expire plus they will be top earners. It would be an absolute waste of money to then  compound this expensive mistake by  offering Lundstram  a two or three year deal as a top earner. This has been the problem for years, we have a real problem when it comes to moving players on. We continually make the same mistakes. Buy a player give them a platform where they can perform, receive bids when the plan works, reject the bid, let them run down the contract and leave for nothing or very little (Kent, Kamara, Morelos) or fork out good money fail to get the best out of them and let them go at a massive loss. 

1 minute ago, KeyserSoze said:

Seems to bounce with a new manager then after a few decent games defaults to being a cart horse 

I'm of the opinion, similar to players trying to put themselves in the shop window - he was playing for a new contract, and apparently that is on the table, he's gone back to his usual self.

Towing a caravan.

17 hours ago, OrangeRab said:

My prediction:

He’ll sign a new contract (because we don’t have the funds to waste trying to replace him).

Him and Tav will start off next season slow and shit.

They’ll get up to match sharpness by week 5 and go on to be two of our best players.

We won’t rest or rotate them and they’ll play every single minute, twice a week, in every single competition. 

Their form will gradually drop off. By crunch time around April they’ll look slow, their intensity and speed gone and look every bit their age.

We will call them losers and mentally weak.

Repeat.

Give it a rest ffs. 

The Lundstram contract is quite significant now regarding where we are on and off park as a club.

Financially, everything coming from club is about trading models and lowering age of squad significantly.

On the park, if we give Lundstram a new deal on wages he wants then he’ll be a guaranteed starter going forward along with Tav and Goldson.

5 hours ago, Nk89 said:

Who was it that benched him for weeks at first? Gio or Beale? 

It was Gio. Looked like he was out the door in the January on loan at one point then started the 5-0 at home to Hearts and Thursday night Lundstram was born.

We need as many of this lot out the door as possible. Some cunt thought giving Ryan Jack a new contract was a good idea. 
If Lundstrum stays we are in trouble as there is obviously no plan to actually move this club forward 

I think Raskin was brought in to be his successor but, for a variety of reasons, that hasn’t worked out.

Raskin has plenty of critics on here but I still think that a proper close season under Clement will make a huge difference.

I think Clement’s patience has run out with Lundstram, Dowell, Jack etc and the squad as a whole will get significantly younger next season too.

1 minute ago, Colin Traive said:

I think Raskin was brought in to be his successor but, for a variety of reasons, that hasn’t worked out.

Raskin has plenty of critics on here but I still think that a proper close season under Clement will make a huge difference.

I think Clement’s patience has run out with Lundstram, Dowell, Jack etc and the squad as a whole will get significantly younger next season too.

Raskin is atrocious, here a week and ready for joining celtics paedophile cousins down south, no even good enough for the SPFL never mind the EPL 

1 hour ago, RFC55 said:

Raskin is atrocious, here a week and ready for joining celtics paedophile cousins down south, no even good enough for the SPFL never mind the EPL 

Such hatred towards a Rangers player. Not cool.

He started well with us and I trust our manager to get the best out of him.

“Supporters” like yourself will help enormously.