The other mob

MisterC

3 minutes ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

And if there are stoppages injuries etc in the additional 6 then what? 

You could continue to go on indefinitely,  hence why I'm of the opinion play that time, regardless and that should be it or clock stoppages.

Anyways. Fuck this thread and those cunts.

18 minutes ago, Loyal72 said:

How?

If you've played 90 minutes, and lost six minutes due to stoppages, injuries whatever. Then played the additional six minutes that were added back on, you've played the time lost.

Anything else is taking the game beyond the allotted for 90.

The simpler solution would be stopping the clock when the ball is not in play or for an offense.

Because it’s a 90 minute game.

13 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

They’re having a VAR meltdown.

You’d have thought that it overturned a red for the opposition in the first 10 mins, rather than gave it. 

The world is against them don't you know - they could get 10 dodgy penalties and 5 offside goals in a game and would still complain over 1 contentious decision against them, saying there is the proof they are not allowed to win the league.  Weirdos

8 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

They’re having a VAR meltdown.

You’d have thought that it overturned a red for the opposition in the first 10 mins, rather than gave it. 

The guy is 99.9pc prick ,But I do remember a few years back Tom English said .They don’t want the right decisions ,They want all the decisions.

He was bang on the money with that .

Remember the abuse Collum got years ago for giving a penalty against them when he didn’t see the incident properly,But it was a penalty ,Broadfoot .Then the Dougiegate scandal ,When he gave them a pen then changed his mind ,When it wasn’t even a penalty .

Result was pretty inevitable when County went down to 10 so early. Was only catching bits in the background but from what I saw I thought they looked like us at peak Beale / Gio keep the ball and move it around without any real drive or penetration. They will still win the majority of matches, but they definitely have regressed from the level they were at the last couple of seasons.

Re the added time debate the sooner we get to a match clock that stops when the ball is out of play the better - we are analysing stuff like offsides down to the millimetre but are still happy for the ref to pretty much guess how much time has been lost in a half. 

57 minutes ago, rossco87 said:

Result was pretty inevitable when County went down to 10 so early. Was only catching bits in the background but from what I saw I thought they looked like us at peak Beale / Gio keep the ball and move it around without any real drive or penetration. They will still win the majority of matches, but they definitely have regressed from the level they were at the last couple of seasons.

Re the added time debate the sooner we get to a match clock that stops when the ball is out of play the better - we are analysing stuff like offsides down to the millimetre but are still happy for the ref to pretty much guess how much time has been lost in a half. 

It’s the 4th official that decides .They ain’t usually far out when it comes to adding on time for VAR ,injuries they are a bit inconsistent,Unless it’s like last week when we had 9 mins added against Hearts .

The only issue I have with added on time is when they show for X amount ,Get past that amount and because the tarriers aren’t leading they add a wee bit more on for nothing .

Ross Co up there a couple of years ago Pre VAR they scored 2 mins after time was up ,And when we won at piggery in 2019 ,Clancy added 2 plus minutes over for fuck all .Resulted in that red card Morelos got where all the tarriers feared for their lives because Morelos threatened to cut their throats 😉

19 hours ago, PromDeAnglais said:

They're utter shite away from home. Still expect them to win here but fuck me, Beale is an utter shitebag for they tactics at Ibrox against them.

No sure about that tbh, they seem to be better away from home, this is their record away in the League so far...

P7 W6 D1 L0  GF16  GA3  Pts19 - that's despite the fact they've been here, Tynecastle, Easter Road and Pittodrie.

I think they seem to toil a lot more at the Piggery.

Agreed on Beale being a bottle job at Ibrox though, they came here expecting us to skud them and couldn't believe their luck.

8 hours ago, magic8ball said:

It’s the 4th official that decides .They ain’t usually far out when it comes to adding on time for VAR ,injuries they are a bit inconsistent,Unless it’s like last week when we had 9 mins added against Hearts .

The only issue I have with added on time is when they show for X amount ,Get past that amount and because the tarriers aren’t leading they add a wee bit more on for nothing .

Ross Co up there a couple of years ago Pre VAR they scored 2 mins after time was up ,And when we won at piggery in 2019 ,Clancy added 2 plus minutes over for fuck all .Resulted in that red card Morelos got where all the tarriers feared for their lives because Morelos threatened to cut their throats 😉

Can’t agree that the assistant gets it about right.

The ball in play times from across Europe average below 60 minutes (and have done consistently since before VAR), I can’t find Scottish stats but would imagine we (and tbh probably them) will have games sub 50 minutes of the ball actually being in play but we aren’t getting that kind of time added back on.

I get traditionalists won’t like it but for me we need to switch to a 60 minute game clock that stops every time the ball goes out of play. Stops diddy teams eating up as much of the clock as they can get away with and also gives a definitive stop to the game and not the added time in added time scenario you are talking about.

1 hour ago, rossco87 said:

I get traditionalists won’t like it but for me we need to switch to a 60 minute game clock that stops every time the ball goes out of play. Stops diddy teams eating up as much of the clock as they can get away with and also gives a definitive stop to the game and not the added time in added time scenario you are talking about.

I hear what your saying but if we stopped the clock we wouldn't get home until midnight after a 3pm K.O. against the likes of Ross County or St Johnstone and a few more

3 hours ago, CXB said:

I hear what your saying but if we stopped the clock we wouldn't get home until midnight after a 3pm K.O. against the likes of Ross County or St Johnstone and a few more

But it doesn’t work like that? Average is about 55 minutes, some games drop sub 50 (I’m sure I remember reading Pullis’ Stoke teams held the EPL record for having multiple games sub 40 minutes of actual play time) but would imagine they are predominantly from teams deliberately wasting time which disappears when there is no advantage to it as the clock is stopped?

You will still get some teams taking their time over goal kicks etc to let players catch their breath but the ridiculous 2m+ to take a goal kick probably disappears as there is no real in game advantage in terms of reducing the amount of time that gets played.

Can’t find numbers for Scotland but the below goes through it pretty well for England:

https://theanalyst.com/eu/2023/01/how-long-is-a-football-match-added-time/

Key is that average PL game this season is 98:07 of which the ball is in play 54:49. Change it up to a time clock of 60 minutes and you are really looking at an average extra 5 minutes of time on how long a game takes now - and I would speculate that might come down and potentially even find games take less real time to be played than what we currently do as players realise there is no advantage in ripping the arse out of taking ages to get the game started again.