The other mob

MisterC

14 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

thread got chopped on FF but a guy said he'd been told Rodgers is away soon because they're about to sell his best players and not give money to reinvest so they can compete at CL level

As much as I’d love this to be true I’m sure it’s wishful thinking.

However, it’s not unlikely that they’ll sell a couple for decent fees and only reinvest a fraction. 

Not saying its true about rogers but the boy who posted on follow follow seems pretty certain it is, he is even willing to bet £100 on it. Seems it got chopped on follow follow for the age old reason on there that none of their admin had heard of it first. Even if it is shite theres no reason to chop it. Its a football foum for fuck sake.

18 minutes ago, MurrayWilson said:

Not saying its true about rogers but the boy who posted on follow follow seems pretty certain it is, he is even willing to bet £100 on it. Seems it got chopped on follow follow for the age old reason on there that none of their admin had heard of it first. Even if it is shite theres no reason to chop it. Its a football foum for fuck sake.

Can't wait to thank mark when he breaks the news properly 

This kind of shit is why they will never move too far in front of us. For all that it looks like they are light years ahead, they aren't. 

Let them spend on cunts like Idah etc. They will never be able to spend mental wages per week on the best players ffs. And they need to sell their best players at the right time too. Same for us.

Fortunately that's the only thing keeping us in with a shout of getting back close but fuck me its a shout.

I hope to fuck this is true about rodgers, every now and again they trip themselves up and we just need to be there when it happens.

1 hour ago, Prso's headband said:

Means fuck all to us. They could sell those two and the CB and we’d still no get near them this season, Rodgers or no Rodgers that’s how much of a state we’re in. 

Should be sitting waiting to capitalise, instead they could sell their 3 best players and lose the manager and still canter it. It’s a disgrace the position we’re in. 

You might be right, but the past has shown that stabile teams can go to shit very fast. 

On 20/08/2024 at 19:15, RM Monitor And Standards Officer said:

Apparently that wee fat manky tramp bastard is getting sacked by rapid Bucharest 

7 hours ago, psb07158 said:

thread got chopped on FF but a guy said he'd been told Rodgers is away soon because they're about to sell his best players and not give money to reinvest so they can compete at CL level

Lennon sacked 

Rodgers walking 

Screenshot_20240822_001953.jpg

9 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

I want them to lose their better players but I want Rodgers to stay. I think he’s a fucking terrible manager who completely lucked out at the end of last season because our bottle went 

He's not a terrible manager. He's not great but he's a competent manager who does well when things are going his way as the unfortunately have been since our bottle went as you say. 

1 hour ago, TheKingObv said:

Not buying anyone would truly prefer him to stay 

If we were in any sort of working order I would love to be able to eventually put him in his place like he deserves 

That is looking extremely unlikely this season though 

15 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

If we were in any sort of working order I would love to be able to eventually put him in his place like he deserves 

That is looking extremely unlikely this season though 

We haven't once done it, his teams regularly beat ours and win titles.

The sooner he goes the better. Nothing worse than seeing the smug cunt lord it over us constantly 

53 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

He’s a good manager at this level, but is horrible in recruiting players for the most part. 

Do Managers actually recruit players these days? They may have a final yay or nay, but - Beale aside - is it common for a manager to choose targets?

4 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

Do Managers actually recruit players these days? They may have a final yay or nay, but - Beale aside - is it common for a manager to choose targets?

I don't think they have a head of recruitment or technical director any more.

If Kyogo goes (and they’ve reportedly had bids from Turkey for CCV), then that’s massive for us. 

Even if they recruit well, that’s the spine of their side gone with O’Reilly away as well. 

Clearly we’re not going to be a great side this season, but if we can keep it close until the January window and strengthen a bit more then, you never know. We were pish last season and still had it in our hands until the Dundee game. 

1 minute ago, plymouthranger said:

If Kyogo goes (and they’ve reportedly had bids from Turkey for CCV), then that’s massive for us. 

Even if they recruit well, that’s the spine of their side gone with O’Reilly away as well. 

Clearly we’re not going to be a great side this season, but if we can keep it close until the January window and strengthen a bit more then, you never know. We were pish last season and still had it in our hands until the Dundee game. 

We are far worse nearly.all over the park than we were last season, honestly living in the clouds if you think we will be close to the title this season.

Baffling tbh 

3 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

Hatate going as well possibly, they were rank rotten without him, and dropped nearly all their points when he wasn’t playing.

Don't really believe the Kyogo thing tbh. He's not of Man city standard. Couldn't even get in the Japan team at times.