*****The Official Liverpool v Rangers Thread*****

It’s going to be tough but it’s the biggest shop window some of our players are going to get in the biggest club comp in the world.

Might aswell go positive with the line up and try to catch Liverpool out, we will need to play like Dortmund away if we have any chance

Id try Morelos in the 10 with Colak up top - Going to need Alfie to drag us up the pitch

19 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Be as well defaulting the tie with such a line-up!

I disagree, yes it is a defensive line up but this team gives us the best chance of picking up any sort of result which if we’re being realistic will be a draw if we are lucky. 

12 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

He's a mixed bag.

Yesterday he was cracking at stretching Hearts. He was often ahead of the CF and Hearts didn't know who was to cover him, he caused chaos.

He had a good goal disallowed, and a shite pass by Jack denied him another goal imo. He took up a great position too at rhe edge of the box then poorly stuck his effort by the post.

I'm not sure I'd have him in on Tuesday, but domestically he's not rotten and was good yesterday on the whole 

He was terrible. His passing and shooting was awful

Fast, overlapping ball movement is what gives Liverpool problems. We are pedestrian comapred to most when in possesion at the moment. People who say TAA and Robertson can't defend might be right...because they are usually attacking. Unless Gio has a masterplan along the lines of Dortmund away, I fear the worst.

Liverpool in poor form  so anything possible. We looked good yesterday . Kent will get loads a room .colak will cause problems. 

He can't start Sands as he's not a defender and wants too long on the ball .

Expecting a defeat but hopeful we can get a result like Dortmund or PSV

52 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

He's a mixed bag.

Yesterday he was cracking at stretching Hearts. He was often ahead of the CF and Hearts didn't know who was to cover him, he caused chaos.

He had a good goal disallowed, and a shite pass by Jack denied him another goal imo. He took up a great position too at rhe edge of the box then poorly stuck his effort by the post.

I'm not sure I'd have him in on Tuesday, but domestically he's not rotten and was good yesterday on the whole 

Getting into good positions is only good if you then have the technique to do something with it.

He's far too slack in his touch, passing and shooting. Regularly misses big opportunities at key moments of games i.e. the sitter to put us 2 up that he put wide.

24 minutes ago, Gaffbear said:

Liverpool in poor form  so anything possible. We looked good yesterday . Kent will get loads a room .colak will cause problems. 

He can't start Sands as he's not a defender and wants too long on the ball .

Expecting a defeat but hopeful we can get a result like Dortmund or PSV

Can’t start Sands because he’s suspended 

5 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Getting into good positions is only good if you then have the technique to do something with it.

He's far too slack in his touch, passing and shooting. Regularly misses big opportunities at key moments of games i.e. the sitter to put us 2 up that he put wide.

That's why I said mixed bag. Some of his passing was slack.

But his technique and positioning was fine at the chopped off goal. His run at the one Jack fucked it was perfect and the goal was gaping if not for a shite pass.  Should've done better with the chance you mention.

Mixed bag. Not rotten yesterday.

1 hour ago, .Williamson. said:

Worst suggestion so far. Should stick to golf and having anger issues 

Notice how you don’t directly reply to me anymore, probably scared you’ll be intellectually battered so you reply to other posts about me and hope I won’t see it.

Awaiting your appeal to the fans that have no tickets not to travel to Liverpool again, as if anyone would listen to a gimp like you. 

1 hour ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

He brings nothing to the team with the ball. Imagine a Tillman or someone in the 10 position with the opportunities he had yesterday. Passing was awful.

No Idea what team we should put out, what formation or what. We've chopped and changed that much I've no idea :confused:

Just hope it's not a midfield of CDMs otherwise we'll be constantly on the backfoot. Would like to see Tillman start, Davies instead of Sands and can't pick between Alfie and Colak for up front.

Can't denie Colaks scoring form but will he get enough service to be involved enough, or do we chance Alfie that will probably give their defence more problems if the midfield struggle.