Kenny Mclean

Craiggybear

I thought he was better than Jack when they were at Aberdeen but that is a number of years ago.

If it’s a sign to replace Davis or Arfield then makes sense but it does worry me that we again seem not to be willing to spend on the midfield.

Also, don’t get the feeling that McLean would be on a list of players that GvB would like to sign, looks like a Wilson suggestion and GvB giving it a thumbs up as he’s better than what we have but not maybe what we need.

1 hour ago, FlippinEck said:

So do you want 10 Matondo's in the lineup? It's not an over whelming signing by any chance but he's performed consistently well at a higher level than Scottish prem for a few years now and I'd rather have him than David or arfield and I'd have him in our starting xi too, in the league. 

If we're looking to challenge for the title again we need better quality than an aging Kenny MacLean 

12 minutes ago, MasterD said:

He's been linked to here before Gio even became manager.

We need to replace the Scottish trained players and we won't be spending millions on the better ones.

True. 

But replacing the Scottish quota with more injury proned players is going to get us nowhere. 

At least Jack came to us fit. Was great for a few seasons. McLean is older than Jack. 

It's a horrible signing. 

Ticks all the boxes tbf of the model that’s worked so well for us of late

30+
Fresh off a few niggles

Past his best

Average but not exceptional

Centre defensive mid that can pass backwards and sideways

No sell on value 

“Rangers man”

11 minutes ago, Jelavic191 said:

Underwhelming but I wonder if this is more for meeting UEFA squad rules as players like McGregor, Arfield etc move on. 

Big part of these he will be getting looked at. There's not a lot of options from Scotland who I would be happy spending big money on. 

14 hours ago, RFC55 said:

Spoke with his auntie today, Absolutley nothing in this as of yet.

few posters on here no his old dear who may know slightly more but as it stands nothing 

So what you are saying is Kenny hasn't told his Auntie anything but has maybe told his mammy.

So there might be absolutely nothing in it or there might be something in it.

Good work mate.