*****Official Rangers v Motherwell Match Thread *****

KeyserSoze

3 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

I don't care who the captain is to be honest. It is a role that is over hyped in Scottish football. 

Every player should be communicating and pushing their teammates on. It's a team game FFS. 

Up to MB. He works with them every day. No difference to me if it is Tav Goldson or Montondo (took that too far). 

Tav's form has been poor and he needs to resolve it. Captaincy aside,  I can't see how he is past it in any manner  mate. 

If you think releiving him of the captaincy will improve us then good. I have no issue with that. 

I think it would help him on the mentality side more than anything, one things is for sure, if he can't up it from here on in then there will be serious questions being asked going forward, he's been really poor this season.

The actual performance I feel was the best we had under beale so far apart from the friendly

Im not saying it was a good performance or a perfect one by any means but it was showing signs of life, if there is anyone I think can get a result against the Tims it’s Beale, im trying to be upbeat and trust in the manager and some of the players, I’m putting my faith in him getting the players up for the game, it just feels like along time since the players have done that.

Kent getting motm also baffled me to fuck, Barasic for me was the best of the lot or tillman, I counted at least 3 times where we were on the break with him losing the ball and putting us in danger and the wayward passes, bloody hell, I just hope he picks it up soon, as on his day he can be unstoppable it’s just those days are few and far between

5 minutes ago, superallysbears said:

I think it would help him on the mentality side more than anything, one things is for sure, if he can't up it from here on in then there will be serious questions being asked going forward, he's been really poor this season.

Have to admit that I have said before that Tav could be a better player for us if he didn't have the responsibility of being captain.

Have said so on numerous occasions mate. Must be really stressful having the responsibility of winning every game and a draw being treated as a failure and a loss as a scar on your being.

He would take every throw in, every free kick and every penalty kick given the chance. He tries too hard. The man is truly passionate about Rangers.  

He needs relieved of at least of some of those pressures. One man can't win a game.

Btw you have made some valid points and I respect your motivations. 

Liked how MB mixes it up for Borna on right hand side cross to Goldson's head btw.

Mixing it up.

10 minutes ago, VladimirWeiss69 said:

Kent getting motm also baffled me to fuck, 

Doesn't take a lot to baffle you then, eh?

SPONSOR'S MAN OF THE MATCH is when some drunk cunt in hospitality picks their favourite player - no matter how shite they were or otherwise.

The clue is in the name of the award.

4 minutes ago, Madina said:

Good enough win. 3 points, none conceded, cant really ask for much more. Lowry again showing me nothing that warrants the clamour on here for him to start games. I'll be amazed if he is still with us in 2 years time

If tonight's team was the starting eleven for Monday we'd be as well conceding the fixture and only losing 3-0.

Lowry was lost and a liability at times. Beale should have had the bottle to pull him at half time.

Credit to Motherwell tonight, they started at 100mph and man marked us for most of the game. First 2 goals were against the run of play. Motherwell gave us it pretty tight for long periods in difficult conditions. They came up the park and had us defending when we were in posession a few times.

Rangers are still making far too many basic mistakes - shit panic passes, not seeing a free player, and my pet hate - not looking up and firing a shot straight into a guy three feet in front.

The tims are going to rip our nappies apart on Monday.

42 minutes ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

Doesn't take a lot to baffle you then, eh?

SPONSOR'S MAN OF THE MATCH is when some drunk cunt in hospitality picks their favourite player - no matter how shite they were or otherwise.

The clue is in the name of the award.

Goes back to the time hagi got the sponsors motm when he was the worst player on the pitch 😂

6 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Can't believe you posted that.

Waken up and smell the coffee pal. We are pretty poor just now.

MacGregor - lost 2 daft goals v Hibs. Time to say thanks and goodbye.

Tav - mistakes and subbed. Got pelters from fans again and again

Goldson - good tonight but only just back from injury. Avoiding tackles (sensible thing tonight)

Davies - like a rabbit in the headlights. Sleeping.

Barisic - decent, but only his 1st game for Beale

Lundstram - daft booking after booking and bears little similarity to the giant of a man that was in last season's euro run

Lowry - utter gash tonight

Jack - imobile, looks overweight and slow. An oil tanker can turn quicker.

Kent - improving, but a shadow of the guy he was

Tillman - static and lets the game run round him. How did he hit row Z from 6yds out?

Morelos - sharp, but not getting the delivery from midfield

Cash aside, I think the Champions League this season is the worst thing that's happened to us in a while. It's ruined the confidence of guys like Kent, Lundstram and Tav who are part of our backbone. They'll recover, but it's not happening quickly. We need to be dealing out thrashings to wee teams like Motherwell and it's just not there.

Tonight shouldn't have been a challenge.  Motherwell are 3rd bottom of the league for good reason. The other lot don't have a GD of 20 better than us just by chance. I'll be over the moon if we can escape with a draw.

THAT is why I posted what I did.

12 minutes ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

Waken up and smell the coffee pal. We are pretty poor just now.

MacGregor - lost 2 daft goals v Hibs. Time to say thanks and goodbye.

Tav - mistakes and subbed. Got pelters from fans again and again

Goldson - good tonight but only just back from injury. Avoiding tackles (sensible thing tonight)

Davies - like a rabbit in the headlights. Sleeping.

Barisic - decent, but only his 1st game for Beale

Lundstram - daft booking after booking and bears little similarity to the giant of a man that was in last season's euro run

Lowry - utter gash tonight

Jack - imobile, looks overweight and slow. An oil tanker can turn quicker.

Kent - improving, but a shadow of the guy he was

Tillman - static and lets the game run round him. How did he hit row Z from 6yds out?

Morelos - sharp, but not getting the delivery from midfield

Cash aside, I think the Champions League this season is the worst thing that's happened to us in a while. It's ruined the confidence of guys like Kent, Lundstram and Tav who are part of our backbone. They'll recover, but it's not happening quickly. We need to be dealing out thrashings to wee teams like Motherwell and it's just not there.

Tonight shouldn't have been a challenge.  Motherwell are 3rd bottom of the league for good reason. The other lot don't have a GD of 20 better than us just by chance. I'll be over the moon if we can escape with a draw.

THAT is why I posted what I did.

What a load of rubbish!

2 hours ago, J-Maestro said:

There’s a strange element of our support who just want to tear apart every single player just so they can claim they knew we were shite when we inevitably get beat in a game.

Must have utterly miserable lives.

Same can be said of the opposite end though mate, theres an element of the support that will do whatever it takes to defend the players no matter what, 

Everyone knows my opinion on most of these players, they have a shocking mental attitude that isnt whats needed for us, they have shown it under 2 managers now so far and looking like a 3rd, they have flashes of brilliance and have shown they have ability in abundance, but when ability isnt enough and a shit load of heart, dig, fight or whatever is needed, a lot of them hide

Take kent for example, under gerrard he was excused because he was being doubled up when he came inside as a number ten, fair enough, then when gio takes over and puts kent 1v1 out wide the excuses then are that he is better coming inside as theres less space to take a man on out on the wing, 

Now he's a number 10 again and playing poorly and highly inconsistent it'll no doubt be back to him not being a natural number ten 

When in reality he's just not that good a player consistently for us,