General Transfer Talk

Broxi

1 hour ago, KaiserJon said:

Regards pre season friendlies I think we are Hoffenheim opposition for late July. Bonus the opposition normally stay in Bad Rappeneau before a game against Hoffenheim. If that is true, only talked about at this point, would be the Hoffenheim " season opener " game. They have a fun fair, beer stalls etc. We have the pre season in southern Germany, play this game, then  first Euro qualification game.

Are there any actual details where we are training and any challenge games there?

I have to say I have no idea about any of the signings (and possibles) so far. Could be great, could be terrible. No idea. Not necessarily a bad thing as most of us thought that Matondo was going to be the one to watch at the start of last season….

Is Butland a keeper that commands his box? I can’t help but feel we might have won something this season if we hadn’t gone with the two keepers we did.

9 hours ago, KaiserJon said:

Regards pre season friendlies I think we are Hoffenheim opposition for late July. Bonus the opposition normally stay in Bad Rappeneau before a game against Hoffenheim. If that is true, only talked about at this point, would be the Hoffenheim " season opener " game. They have a fun fair, beer stalls etc. We have the pre season in southern Germany, play this game, then  first Euro qualification game.

:lol:

Butland doesn't inspire me with great hope tbh. But I suppose on a free it means we can focus funds on other areas. To get a decent goalie we'd have had to fork out maybe 3 or 4 million so that might be better used elsewhere 

1 minute ago, KeyserSoze said:

How do you know his wage?

Just now, KeyserSoze said:

How do you know his wage?

Fairly sure reporting has been that he agreed to fit within our wage structure, which suggests his original wage demands were high and that he will end up being one of our highest earners. Comparatively that’s a massive wage for our club. 

9 hours ago, KaiserJon said:

Hopefully Mr Bad Rappeneau will show them a good time 

10 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Fairly sure reporting has been that he agreed to fit within our wage structure, which suggests his original wage demands were high and that he will end up being one of our highest earners. Comparatively that’s a massive wage for our club. 

I thought those posters knew his wage!

but they don’t then? Nobody does 

I find it weird that people say they are “not convinced “ because of his high wage when they don’t actually know his wage.  

8 hours ago, Del said:

This has got to be one of the worst takes/opinions I have seen on here in a long, long time!

He conceded 1 goal in the 5 games he started after the split...the goal was scored by Hibs from a corner, after a very good save by him, but I dont think theres any blame on him for that goal. On top of that he made a number of very good saves and was decent with the ball at his feet.

How you have watched those games and felt he was like "a rabbit in headlights" is beyond me.

He was pretty poor vs Hibs. Looked every bit an inexperienced keeper. Flapped at at least two crosses, and was pretty shaky with balls in the box - which was in contrast to the OF and Aberdeen where he looked very assured.

Hard to judge where his consistent level is given the small sample size. 

3 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Fairly obvious he’s going to be on the top end of our wage scale given the reports he had to scale back his wages to fit into it.

Who cares if he is, he was a free transfer and if he works out nobody will give a fuck :lol:

1 minute ago, .Williamson. said:

Who cares if he is, he was a free transfer and if he works out nobody will give a fuck :lol:

The whole point not that if he doesn’t work out we’ve made him one of our top earners for 4 years, despite barley playing for the last few seasons? Pretty valid concern. 

Regardless of wages hes still 30 and even if it wont work, we have McCrorie as good backup and Butland will be easily sold to a lower EPL or Championship side with some profit. Not concerned at all. 

I have no idea what Butland will be like but hope he is good. The nagging doubt is how many times we've been burned with lower English league players failing to make it, while demanding relatively high wages for Scotland.

The truth is though, neither us nor them can really afford to sign 'big names' and we need to take an educated punt on players that will shine, either with better players around them or the lure of impressing an EPL club.

2 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

I’m not saying whether he will or won’t work out, I’ve not got a clue as not seen enough of him.

If he didn’t then we’d be stuck with a high earner doing fuck all much like Roofe, matondo etc can see why people are discussing it