Raskin

scottyc06

1 hour ago, STEPPS BOY said:

The difference with Raskin is as the CDM he sets the tempo for the way we should be playing.

That’s what Davis was good at when he came back for his second spell.

He plays as many sideways passes as Jack and Lundstram, the difference is he plays them with intent and pace whilst continuing to move into a different position to get it back and move it again.

Dont want to look too much into a friendly and also the level of opposition but really felt both of them were poor in the 1st half, didn’t think the team set up helped tbh as at times we had Lundstram at RM almost in a 4-4-2.

1 hour ago, STEPPS BOY said:

The difference with Raskin is as the CDM he sets the tempo for the way we should be playing.

That’s what Davis was good at when he came back for his second spell.

You've actually hit the nail on the head. He's like a peak 2nd spell Davis. 

But younger with more to develop and also probably a bit more attack minded that Davis.

3 minutes ago, beararse said:

Raisin’s much taller than I thought. He looks quite small on the pitch but is 5’10” (unless somebody he been fucking about with Wikipedia 🤣) and is actually taller than Cantwell.

Cracking ‘wee’ footballer.

0_JS291330235.jpg

1 minute ago, HalifaxBear said:

So based on previous posts where we should've sold Alfie/Kent/Kamara at their peak.    Would we all be happy to sell Raskin/Cantwell for £15m now? 

Each for upwards 15 million.

Yes, ridiculous to suggest otherwise 😆 

17 hours ago, KBOO72 said:

If both play to their maximum for the next few months I wouldn't be surprised at all if we're dealing with bids around 15 million for both come January. 

Both are terrific players. 

Why don't we just enjoy the good players while they're here, instead of selling them off a year down the line. Which might, or might not happen :sarcasm:

19 hours ago, HalifaxBear said:

So based on previous posts where we should've sold Alfie/Kent/Kamara at their peak.    Would we all be happy to sell Raskin/Cantwell for £15m now? 

None are at their peak early days at us for both.

20 hours ago, KBOO72 said:

If both play to their maximum for the next few months I wouldn't be surprised at all if we're dealing with bids around 15 million for both come January. 

Both are terrific players. 

Didn’t think either were particularly good yesterday tbh, although appreciate it’s just about getting ‘minutes in the legs’ I think we’ve a tendency to vastly overhype at times. 

22 hours ago, The Godfather said:

Each for upwards 15 million.

Yes, ridiculous to suggest otherwise 😆 

Really don't get this approach from a fan, it's brilliant we have won fuck all but have made x amount on players and have x amount in the bank, great season for the fans. 

I would definitely knock back 15m for each it it meant we won the treble 

Raskin was good versus Newcastle, not so much yesterday as I felt he was sloppy in possession at times.

But his ability, vision, forward thinking approach isnt in doubt. He's going to be some player when we get match sharpness around us and our strongest players starting each game. He'll be dominant midfield lynchpin we've been sadly lacking.

2 hours ago, Nk89 said:

Really don't get this approach from a fan, it's brilliant we have won fuck all but have made x amount on players and have x amount in the bank, great season for the fans. 

I would definitely knock back 15m for each it it meant we won the treble 

Because you aren't looking at it like a business. Knocking back bids doesn't give you trebles 😆 

1 minute ago, The Godfather said:

Because you aren't looking at it like a business. Knocking back bids doesn't give you trebles 😆 

Kent and moreso Morelos prime examples of this. 

Sell at a good value, reinvest in the club infrastructure and the squad has to be the way forward. We've squandered tens of millions through not doing this.