We’re absolutely fucking shite

GOAT

Just now, bluenoz said:

You are correct, but the OP is over the top. First of all, we played some nice one-touch football (first half), the opposite of what he said and the Morelos comment I will leave well alone.

Absolutely the OP is over the top. He is prone to emotional over reactions.

But that was a shite Swiss team. Missing many of their better players that were reduced to ten men for 35 minutes at Ibrox and we are now going to their gaff with a slender lead. If it was a preseason friendly it would be easier to shrug it off but it’s pretty important and we don’t look like we are gelling quickly enough to stay in the CL 

5 minutes ago, GOAT said:

Souttar was the best player on the pitch.  Barisic was fucking rotten,  the bit where he had no one newr him and tried to header the ball back to Butland only for him to miss it completely was comical.

I know he's the whipping boy on here but Barasic wasn't "fucking rotten" tonight. 

3 minutes ago, The Specky Non Liar - Sometimes said:

Hahahahahahahahahaha WOW!

As if that's fucking relevant to what kind of team they are at the moment

They finished 16 points off the team that won the league, one point above the European heavyweights of Lugano (who?  Aye fuck knows either) .

I’d say it’s plenty to do with it.

Don’t think Lammers had a good game by any stretch but get the feeling he will be similar to Hagi in that he tries a lot of high risk flicks and tight passes, when they don’t come off they look awful but one or two coming off might be the difference in some tight games.

Midfield looked better balanced and thought Cifuentes looks the real deal, passing infront of players was refreshing to see although will probably be drummed out of him soon enough…

Fullbacks are becoming a real worry seeing as we seem to be setting up with them as providing all the width. Tav just looks off it. To be fair to him Borna had a good game (thought he faded as the second half went on) but can’t afford to be having someone capable of just totally going off the boil under the way we are set up. Also need both full backs to be far more willing to come inside / drive to the byline and vary the attack rather than just hug the touchlines and swing in early crosses.

Bit worried by our lack of pace up top and there were some moments of indecision from Dessers and Danilo, hopefully that’s just a settling issue.

The style of play is ‘absolutely fucking shite’. 

Cantwell (and Raskin) levels above what we’ve got though Cantwell needs to do his work higher up the pitch centrally, and both carrying us.

Barisic and Tav being high and wide and constantly looking for them to swing balls in is boring as fuck percentage football.

1 minute ago, bam74 said:

I know he's the whipping boy on here but Barasic wasn't "fucking rotten" tonight. 

Really apart from Dessers goal, how many crosses did get get past the first man?  

Not taking our chances was the negative from tonight. We played much more positive than the weekend but lammers in particular has to take that. 

I would have took 2-1 before the game. Obviously should have won by more but gives us the advantage although not as big as it should be.

Just now, GOAT said:

Really apart from Dessers goal, how many crosses did get get past the first man?  

So apart from the assist for the goal, which ultimately won us the game, what did he do? I’m as sick of Borna as everybody else is, but chance has any player for when that’s your logic.

3 minutes ago, GOAT said:

They finished 16 points off the team that won the league, one point above the European heavyweights of Lugano (who?  Aye fuck knows either) .

I’d say it’s plenty to do with it.

I mean that's not what you said, you brought up their league finishes for the last 23 years to back up your point on the standard of team they are currently 

Not even sure the relevance of your point here either tbh. The Genk result is more relevant, guess it doesn't suit your agenda though.

10 minutes ago, Gascoigne's Flute said:

Some positives to be taken tonight from individual performances. Thought Borna looked a lot better and Souttar and Goldson have got the making for a good partnership. Lammers and a cameo from Cifuentes looks promising aswell, it’s the tactics I'm more worried about.

Although I didn’t think Lammers did well at all, I don’t think our players are the problem. Like you I am concerned about our tactics and our tempo. We started with a high tempo and looked decent, as soon as that tempo dropped we looked shite again. Cantwell was everywhere for those first 20 minutes and looked gassed.

I would like to see Cifuentes start alongside Cantwell and Raskin. 

Just now, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Still reeling at the Morelos comment tbh. Expected it to be a couple of months at least before somebody started calling for him to come back.

It was a fucking tongue in cheek joke because of how poor Dessers has been especially.  You’d think most would have got that.  Or was it actually.  I’ll let you know in a few weeks time.

40 minutes ago, GOAT said:

“Still early” will no doubt be the cry by some. 

passing is shocking

First touch is diabolical when they do eventually make the pass

crossing, I’m sure they’ll learn to get it past the first man at some point.

finishing, fuck me man.

Dessers and Danilo could do with learning to move up front.  Lammers, rotten.  Tav has been pish this entire summer.

I’d honestly phone Morelos and tell him to hit the treadmill and get back because a fat half fit Morelos looks a better player than Dessers and Danilo.  

so fucking depressing. 

Yeah come back Alfie all is forgiven, ffs 😂😂

We weren’t that bad. Bar two great saves from their keeper it would have been a deserved 4-1 lead. Yes it wasnt perfect but there were encouraging signs. A huge improvement on that pish last weekend.

3 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

The style of play is ‘absolutely fucking shite’. 

Cantwell (and Raskin) levels above what we’ve got though Cantwell needs to do his work higher up the pitch centrally, and both carrying us.

Barisic and Tav being high and wide and constantly looking for them to swing balls in is boring as fuck percentage football.

:lol: