That’ll Do Me…

Colin Traive

10 minutes ago, five stars said:

Although it didn't feel like it last night, we've been in a far worse states than this many times since 1968.

Change is coming, we need to get this appointment right.

But it's not just about getting in a manager, it's the management team as a whole that needs to be right.

Too many manager's are unaware of their weaknesses and surround themselves with assistants that are basically yes men.

Looking from a far, i couldn't see anyone in the Beale set-up that had fire in the belly or was an "arse-kicker".

What we need is both technical awareness and strength of character, difficult to get in one person but easier to find as part of a management team.

A Souness/Smith, or even a Gerrard/Mcallister/Beale showed how different characters can complement each other.

If we going to go down the foreign managers route again then they need someone in their team that know the club and Scottish football inside out.

Over to the board ...

The scary thing is, I've got the feeling the board see Lampard as a like for like for Gerrard, and having watched him at Chelsea and Everton, he's nothing like Gerrard in his man management style - he looks more like Beale at the side of the pitch.

Gerrard was a leader and commanded respect - and even then it took 2-3 years for us to properly challenge, but at least we could sort of see progress along the way in Europe etc. Chelsea and Everton regressed under Lampard on and off the pitch. Great player but he's not a leader of men.

11 hours ago, Colin Traive said:

There will be a time for the tactical subtleties of a French or Dutch coach but, right now, we need an arse-kicker, a sergeant major to explain to these impostors in Rangers strips, in the most basic agricultural language, just exactly how far they are from being close to acceptable.

Correct, put brilliantly.

I think most troops feel the same way, wasting valuable opportunities because of idiots in manager positions at the club. Most of us saw a chance this summer to go beyond the mhanks and nothing in the Ibrox game tells us anything different. As per, late goals mask their form and if we had our house in order, they are there for the taking. Unfortunately, we fall well short and they remain too consistent for us to challenge over a season. 

the only hope I have is that the standard is now so poor, it doesn’t actually take much to win up here and we just need to start getting trophies, will we though?! Hmmmm.

said all before I know but the next appt is crucial and either needs to know our game and be a good coach, or someone who is ripping up the rule book and bringing us a fresh approach to our style of play; the latter we don’t have the players for. 

I have a pretty bleak outlook for Rangers now given the past few years. I think we're the Leeds of Scottish football. I doubt we'll ever be a dominant force in Scottish football again. Our investors are split and in fighting, our board are ineffectual, our manager is missing and our players are either old or worthless.

I can't see a way out with these players until we are rid of them. The senior players are living off the europa run and are a dressing room cancer. The new players, the less said the better. 

No manager can fix that.

Understandable. The club is rudderless at the moment in my eyes. Not much to be positive about, if anything.

Lots of diddies tied into long-term deals with no prospects of being sold (realistically could be sold at a loss, but only if any club is daft enough to take them). Lots of diddies that have lingered around too long with most now looking completely unmotivated and only here for the pay cheques. Jumping from manager to manager with styles of play that are dull and boring on the eye. A captain who comes across as a nice guy, but is completely uninspiring. A board with minimal football experience who take the piss by trying to milk us like cows for all we're worth left, right and centre.

From a footballing perspective, we need a miracle here. Being truthful to myself I have felt disjointed from the club since the Europa League final/Scottish Cup final and finding it increasingly difficult to see where we go from here. Needs addressed and quickly. Think most loyal season ticket holders have had enough over the last year or so.

It's happened before and it will happen again,this decade of dominance by them,but my love for our club will never diminish.Sure it's a chore watching us at best at the moment and it's hard watching players not giving of their all but history tells us we will be back on top again.....Rangers forever...onwards..

12 hours ago, Loyal72 said:

Is this what the late 70s felt like for older Rangers supporters?

In a way. Early eighties too at times.

Simple fact is though it is times like these that actually teach us what our club mottos actually mean.

That sounded pompous as fuck but you know what I mean 😂

13 hours ago, Loyal72 said:

Is this what the late 70s felt like for older Rangers supporters?

Nowhere near it.....we won the treble in 78, should have won it again in 79 whilst getting to the last 8 of the European Cup......now the early 80s was grim mainly for our league campaigns as we still regularly made it into cup finals

1 hour ago, Darth Bear said:

In a way. Early eighties too at times.

Simple fact is though it is times like these that actually teach us what our club mottos actually mean.

That sounded pompous as fuck but you know what I mean 😂

Late 70s were actually pretty good. It was the early to mid 80s things went properly tits up.

1 hour ago, hammer93 said:

Nowhere near it.....we won the treble in 78, should have won it again in 79 whilst getting to the last 8 of the European Cup......now the early 80s was grim mainly for our league campaigns as we still regularly made it into cup finals

Sorry, half stunned and didnt look further up the thread before i posted a near identical reply.

1 hour ago, hammer93 said:

I said late 70s, because in 1979/80 we finished 5th in the league. 

The was the start of the downfall, from then on we'd finish 3rd, 3rd, 4th, 4th, 4th, and then 5th.

So you can include late 70s, but I should have said late 70s early to mid 80s.