Welcome to Rangers, Philippe Clement!

20 minutes ago, JograBear said:

Given what he has achieved so far I dont think he is struggling. But he can be doing a lot better with a good clearout of Beales squad.

Probably the wrong word for what I meant.

Clearly he's getting something from the players, but he's not getting a whole lot much else which is where he is struggling. Today showed this. That's not his fault. Nothing short of a miracle to be honest. 

5 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

There’s no serious manager who accepts players someone else picks.

Director of recruitment and then Clement will pick players.

Who do you think is signing them? Bisgrove and Bennett who know next to fuck all about football?

"No serious manager" especially big Phil 👍👍

3 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

Wit criticism does he deserve for today? 

Nothing major I just kept reading a lot of posts about the players being shitebags, neeeding a clear out, Clement needs his own players etc.

fwiw I felt we looked to go long a bit too often and it wasn’t working, just invited more pressure.

Would have kept Cantwell on too rather than bring on Dowell but I understand not everyone will agree with that.

This for me is one of the very few times given a defeat like this I'm not actually mad at the manager, this is all on the players and I think most were happy with the starting lineup that he had on offer, this Rangers team is as bad as I can remember probably since we first came up so in that regard he is doing pretty well with the shite at his disposal 

1 minute ago, The Godfather said:

Zero. He's been more than anyone of us could have asked for since he came in.

Love the man

Cudnt agree with you more. 11 fuckin player's out...not that all 11 who's injured wud have started today, but let's say danillo has someone decent playing alongside him we definitely don't lose.... the big man is just needing re-inforcemenets which am sure he'll get🫰

Don’t want anyone to take this wrong as I’m still of the opinion that Clement is the best thing to happen to Rangers in a very very long time and he will win us more trophies 

However just like some players who’ve done us a good turn deserve criticism today I think he does as well. He has been working miracles with this team but they were also depleted today with a defence that would struggle to get a game for Aberdeen and we failed to test them enough. 

Firstly lineup was absolutely fine I think we’d have all picked the same 11 but it was clear by half time Dessers was a waste of space. Personally I’d have got Matondo/Wright on and moved Sima into the middle or even moved Cantwell and brought Dowell on for him. 

Tactics wise I was disappointed, it looked like we were once again more worried about how they could hurt us than how we could hurt them. I wanted to see us go out with the balls he demanded against Betis playing like a team with not much to lose but everything to gain. They were an early Rangers goal away from preparing the sharks and well you seen how they reacted when we actually scored. Another game where I’ve had to watch Liam Scales stroll up to the half way line, Joe Hart under zero pressure and McGregor swanning about with the freedom of Parkhead it was just the same old shite dished out by Beale, Gio and Gerrard time and again. Might’ve been players not following the instructions correctly but we were more negative than I and many wanted us to be 

A rare off day for big Phil as far as I’m concerned but hopefully he learns from it before the next two and he’s able to get the players heads back in the right place to maintain our title challenge. Still right behind the big guy but the players can’t take all of the criticism today